India vs Australia Prediction – 5th ODI Match
Betting Tips for India vs Australia, 5th ODI
- Virat Kohli has odds of 2.70 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.270) to be the top batsman for India. Rohit Sharma follows with 4.25 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.425) odds. BET NOW
- The odds for Usman Khawaja are set at 4.15 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.415) to be the top batsman for Australia. While Glenn Maxwell and Peter Handscomb follow with 5.45 and 5.55 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.555) odds. BET NOW
- Kuldeep Yadav leads with odds of 3.35 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.335) in the top bowler market for India. While Jasprit Bumrah follows him with 3.65 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.365) odds. BET NOW
- Bumrah was top wicket taker for India with figures of 3 for 63 in the previous ODI, while Kuldeep Yadav finished with 1 for 64. BET NOW
- Pat Cummins, who picked 5 for 70 in the 4th ODI at Mohali, for Australia with odds of 3.45 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.345) to be the team top bowler. BET NOW
- Jhye Richardson and Jason Behrendorff share odds of 4.15 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.415) in the same market. Richardson picked 3 for 85 in last ODI BET NOW
The Men in Blue started the series with 2 consecutive wins to take a 2-0 lead in the ODI series against Australia. Last 2 matches saw India being put on the back foot as the visitors levelled the series 2-2 with consecutive wins.
After the loss in the 3rd ODI, Indian batsmen bounced back as openers Rohit Sharma (95) and Shikhar Dhawan (143) got India off to a great start with 193-runs opening stand. India’s batting had been inconsistent with the openers failing in previous matches. Dhawan and Sharma were out for 1 and 14 in 3rd ODI chasing 314, and Kohli was lone-fighter in the chase scoring 123 runs. While in their 2nd win of the series, Rohit was out for a duck, and Dhawan scored 21 as India finishes 250 all-out batting first. Kohli was exceptional scoring his 40th hundred in the match. India’s middle order has failed when tested under unfavourable conditions, and hence 358-runs total in the last match doesn’t clearly indicate middle order’s strength looking at the scorecard.
Indian bowlers failed to defend what was the highest total in this series. Much of it can be traced to Virat Kohli’s use of his bowlers. The skipper was defensive with the field placement, and his choice of bowlers. Bumrah picked 3 for 63 bowling at an economy of 7.13. Indian bowlers were taken for a ride by the Aussie top order in the 3rd match, though they made a comeback after 1st wicket and managed to contain the total. It could well be combination of captain’s defensive strategies, bowlers’ form and the impact of below-par fielding efforts, that cost India the game.
Australia made a great comeback winning 2 consecutive games to level the series 2-2. After failing to chase 250 in the 2nd ODI, Australian batting took off scoring 313 in the next ODI batting first and successfully chasing 359 in the 4th ODI.
In our previous prediction we pointed at the average runs per wicket of Australia in the first 3 ODIs. A clear improvement was noticed with increase in average per wicket and partnerships in the middle and lower down the order. A fantastic show was put on by the middle and lower order batsmen in last match. The ever-so consistent Usman Khawaja played a truly reliable innings, while Peter Handscomb finally got a big score after some good knock previously. Ashton Turner was the man with the biggest impact as he scored unbeaten 84 runs off 43 balls changing the course of the match.
Pat Cummins and Jhye Richardson continued their bowling form as they finished 5 for 70 and 3 for 85 respectively. The duo had picked 3 for 37 each in the previous 3rd ODI defending 313. Adam Zampa was decent for his 1 for 57. Cummins now has 12 wickets in last 4 matches, while his average in last 3 matches is 11.25. He has picked wicket for every 12th run he’s conceded in last 3 matches.
Our Prediction for India vs Australia 5th ODI
Australia stand a healthy chance to win this match
India is known for making comebacks as was witnessed in the last match with Dhawan and Rohit’s performances. Indian bowling and fielding looked weak, while Australia carry the momentum with them. From a cricket betting perspective, Australia though not favourites in terms of the odds on both teams, a bet now on Australia at 2.35 would give great cash out opportunities as the game progresses expecting a tight competition between the two teams. Make the most of the cash-out feature from top betting sites offering bet live cricket betting odds.