Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Stars Prediction, Big Bash 7th Match
Hobart Hurricanes won by 6 wickets
- Date: December 24, 2018
- Time: 10:15 AM IST
- Venue: Bellerive Oval, Hobart
Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Stars Betting Tips
- D’Arcy Short leads the odds to be Hobart Hurricanes best batsmen with 3.00 (pocket INR 300 by wagering INR 100) and Ben Dunk and Glenn Maxwell are sharing odds of 3.75 (pocket INR 375 by wagering INR 100) for Melbourne Stars BET NOW
- For Hurricanes Jofra Archer has odds of 3.50 (pocket INR 350 by wagering INR 100) to be their best bowler while Dwayne Bravo and Adam Zampa lead for the Stars with 3.75 (pocket INR 375 by wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- For Man of the Match D’Arcy Short is leading with 7.00 (pocket INR 700 by betting INR 100) while Dwayne Bravo and Glenn Maxwell have odds of 9.00 (pocket INR 900 by betting INR 100) BET NOW
- For highest opening partnership in the match the odds stand at 2.00 (win INR 200 by wagering INR 100) for Stars and 1.80 (win INR 180 by wagering INR 100) for Hurricanes BET NOW
- In the market for most match sixes Hurricanes have odds of 1.83 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 183) while Stars have 2.30 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 230) BET NOW
Big Bash 7th Match Squad Comparison
It was a perfect start to the tournament for Matthew Wade’s team in the 2018-19 Big Bash season. They defeated Brisbane Heat comfortably after the crowds were treated with a good contest in the middle. The skipper would be extremely upbeat after the kind of performance his boys put in the last game. They batted well and bowled tight lines to defend their total. Going into the second game against Melbourne Stars, Wade would be aware of his side’s poor record in head to head clashes. But in a new season he wouldn’t like the past to dominate the confidence of his team.
D’Arcy Short made a strong statement with this innings in the last game. While Wade missed out he would definitely like to his team a good start in the next game. Alex Doolan having failed in the last game would like to make amends while in the middle order Ben McDermott, George Bailey and Simon Milenko looked good and there is always James Faulkner for the final onslaught. Faulkner, Jofra Archer and Johan Botha started the season well with the ball and they would be looking to carry the same rhythm onto the next game. Riley Meredith and Clive Rose who went for some runs in the last game would like to keep it tight in the upcoming one.
For Glenn Maxwell the start to the season wasn’t something that he would have been happy about. A rain curtailed game always get tough for the side batting second and their loss to Sydney Thunder was as much about their poor batting as it was about the rain. However Maxwell has more to worry than just his bowling after the way his bowlers leaked runs in the last game. He would have to cheer his men up for them to win the next game as a second defeat would put them behind on the points table.
It was a no show from the batsmen in the last game. Openers Ben Dunk and Travis Dean fell cheaply and so did Maxwell and that put them in a position of no return. Marcus Stoinis also didn’t trouble the scorers much and these guys would need to bat really well for the side to win the next game. Dwayne Bravo and Nick Larkin looked good in the lower end and would like continuing the same way. Jackson Coleman and Adam Zampa bowled well in the last game and would like to repeat the same performance. However the fate of the team may rest on how Michael Beer, Dwayne Bravo and Sandeep Lamichhan bowl in the next game.
Our Prediction for Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Stars
Hobart Hurricanes will win this game
When Hobart Hurricanes take on Melbourne Stars at Bellerive Oval, Hobart they would start as a confident unit having registered their first win of the season. Melbourne Stars on the other hand would be under tremendous pressure to win this game after suffering a loss in their previous one. But they are a side packed with talent and some of the best strikers of the cricket ball. It will be an interesting contest between the two sides as Stars would want to win it and register themselves on the points table while Hurricanes won’t be in the mood to loose before their home crowd.
Hobart Hurricanes have momentum on their side and are playing at home and they would start the game slightly ahead of Stars.