Galatasaray vs Porto: Predictions, Betting Tips and Odds
Tuesday, December 11th 2018, @11:25pm
Ali Sami Yen Spor Kompleksi, Istanbul
Galatasaray welcome Porto to Istanbul knowing that a victory will ensure their European season continues.
Galatasaray have been woeful away from home, losing all three group matches without scoring a single goal. But their home form as been better and they will know that Europa League qualification is in their hands – as long as they get a better result than Lokomotiv Moscow they will transfer to that competition.
Porto go into this final group match unbeaten and assured of first place. This may mean that the Portuguese side ease off slightly and allow Galatasaray to get the points they need to carry on their European season. But Sergio Conceicao’s men have won four in a row and will want to sign off the group stage in style.
After an excellent start to their domestic season Galatasaray have become a little unstuck of late and have been knocked off the top of the table so they will definitely want to continue to fly the Turkish flag in Europe as long as possible. They have yet to allow a single goal in their two group matches at home and could well get the win they need against a Porto side already looking to the next round.
Porto are enjoying a really good season and currently sit top of the Primeira Liga in Portugal as well as this group in the Champions League. Knowing that their domestic rivals Benfica cannot qualify for the next round will please everyone at the club but they do not need to get a result in Istanbul so this could end in a 2-1 win to Galatasaray.
- Galatasaray to win 2.15 – BET NOW
Most online betting sites are still giving Galatasaray positive odds to win at home – and with Porto already through the Turkish side will be the ones desperate for the win.
- Both teams to score 1.85 – BET NOW
Galatasaray will know that goals will take them into the Europa League – and Porto have scored 12 in 5 games so goals should be expected here.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
These two had never met before this Champions League campaign, with the Portuguese side winning 1-0 in October.
- Having scored three on the opening game of this tough group against Lokomotiv Moscow, Galatasaray have now failed to find the net in four Champions League games.
- Porto have now reached the last 16 three seasons in a row – and have qualified from the group in four out of the last five years.
- Galatasaray are by far the most successful Turkish football club when it comes to the Champions League. This is the 15th time in the group stage – as many as all the other Turkish sides put together.
- Only Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona have scored more goals than Porto in this season’s Champions League.