Frankfurt vs Marseille: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Friday, November 30th, 2018, 1:30 am
Commerzbank Arena Frankfurt Am Main
Frankfurt 4 – 0 Frankfurt
Adi Hütter continues to wave is magic wand at Eintracht as the Germans target a fifth win from five in the Europa League this season.
With qualification assured, one may be forgiven for thinking Eintracht Frankfurt would take their foot off the gas somewhat for this match but say that to manager Adi Hütter and he may quickly fall out with you.
Hütter only joined Frankfurt in July but has turned the Eagles into the surprise package in the Bundesliga and Europe with win after win.
The same cannot be said for their opponents Marseille who despite a solid showing domestically, have failed miserably on the European stage this season.
That is despite reaching last season’s final but just one point is a poor return from a group they would have expected to have progressed from and with no chance of qualification, one has to wonder the motivation Rudi Garcia’s men will have for this trip to Germany with much more important Ligue 1 games coming up.
To compile more misery onto Marseille, Frankfurt has won all three previous games against French sides at the Commerzbank-Arena and the prediction is that will stretch to four from four.
Eintracht has won ten of their last 11 in all competitions and netted three goals in each of their last four games making a 3-1 score line the best prediction for this game.
- Over 3.5 goals 2.50 – BET NOW
Frankfurt are on fire and you have to go back to the 28th October for the last time they failed to net three goals in a game.
Marseille has also netted six goals in their last three so are good for at least a single away goal.
- Eintracht to win and both teams to score 3.10 – BET NOW
This is the best way to get value from the inevitable home win.
We have already highlighted both teams scoring ability above, but Eintracht are also on an eleven-game unbeaten run having won ten of those games.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
The pair’s September meeting at the Stade Vélodrome is the only time the two have previously met.
Eintracht won 2-1 that day despite Jetro Willems seeing red in the 59th minute for Frankfurt.
An 89th minute winner from Luka Jovic was a bitter blow for Marseille who failed to make the extra man count for over half an hour.
- Eintracht netted 20 goals in two games this season after beating Hanau 93 13-0 in a cup game and following that up with a 7-1 Bundesliga win over Fortuna Dusseldorf.
- Eintracht are yet to lose a game in this season’s Europa League having won all four of their group matches.
- Marseille have been runners-up of the Europa League three times including last season’s competition in which they lost to Atletico Madrid.
- With just one point to their name, Marseille have no way of reaching the latter stages.
- Eintracht have never lost to French opponents on home soil with three wins from three.