England vs India 5th Test: Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips
ENG won by 118 runs
- Date: 7th September 2018
- Time: 11 AM Local
- Venue: Kennington Oval, London.
The 5th and the last Test match in the England vs India Test Series 2018 will start 7th September 2018. This Test will be played at Kennington Oval in London. India last played England at this venue in August 2014.
England had won that Test in 2014 defeating India by an innings and 244 runs.
England vs India 5th Test 2018 – Match Preview
England made a solid comeback after a defeat in the 3rd Test. Sam Curran stayed on the crease and score runs when the English batting line up was crumbling in the 4th Test. Though the Indian bowlers have picked wickets in 1st innings, the English lower batting order survived the Test of time and saw the team score to a decent total.
India had good performances too from their batsmen. Kohli, Pujara scored important runs to get a lead in the 1st innings and then Rahane sticked around in the 2nd innings when India chased 245 for the win.
Leaving aside the usual suspects, no other Indian batsman stepped to the occasion and played an innings that was expected of them. The lower Indian batting order consisting of Rishabh Pant, Hardik Pandya didn’t show any fight for seeing
India sail beyond the target score.
On the other hand, England’s Joe Root was run out for 49 in the 2nd innings and was well supported by other English batsmen like Jos Buttler, Sam Curran lower down the order.
Sam Curran scored a half century in the 1st innings and picked a wicket too.
England vs India 5th Test 2018 – Betting Tips, Betting Odds, Predictions
Players to Watch Out
- Joe Root has a good record at this ground against India, and his batting looked in a good touch in the 2nd innings of the previous match. He has a batting average of 40.93 in last 10 matches and 655 runs.
- The odds for Joe Root to be the 1st innings top batsmen are 4.00. Bet your free bet with Betway
- Alastair Cook has been out of touch in this series. He does have a good record on this ground against India and has score 79 the last time he played India here. He has announced his retirement from international cricket and will be playing his last Test. Expect him to score some good runs in this match. Watch the top team 1st innings batsman market for Cook (5.00). Bet your free bet with Betway
- Virat Kohli has been in a great form through the entire series and has delivered whenever the team needed him. He will be more competitive with his batting in the last Test to end the series with a win for his team. The odds for him to be the top team 1st innings batsman – 3.25. Bet your free bet with Betway
- C Pujara who was the top team 1st innings batsman in the last test looks good to continue his form. For India, there have been only a few batsmen who have score the top runs in an innings in this series. Pujara being among the few has the 4.00 odds for being the top team 1st innings batsman. Bet your free bet with Betway
- Jos Buttler did well in the 2nd innings of England. Watch out for him in both the innings as the odds for him to be the top team 1st innings – 6.00. This is similar to the odds for Pujara in the previous Test.
- Watch out for James Anderson and Stuart Broad to be the top 1st innings bowler in this Test. The odds for both are 3.10 and 4.33 respectively. Also keep an eye on C Woakes (4.33) and S Curran (5.00). Bet your free bet with Betway
- If the pitch offers anything for spinners, don’t forget A Rashid (6.00) who picked 9 wickets in the previous Test match. Bet your free bet with Betway
- In the Indian side, pacers Ishant Sharma (4.55), and Mohammad Shami (4.33) are expected to do some damage at the top of the England batting line up.
- Ashwin wasn’t successful in picking wickets in previous test and also looked struggling with his hip injury. The odds for him to be the top team 1st innings bowler – 3.75. Bet your free bet with Betway
- Bumrah is a strong contender for the top bowler (3.75) since the comeback he’s made after missing the first 2 Tests. Bet your free bet with Betway
- England would likely have the highest opening partnership in the 1st Innings (1.90) going by the past records on the ground and India’s current form. Bet your free bet with Betway
- India’s chances of winning seem very unlikely and England team would go into this match confident and eyeing to finish the series 4-1.
- Watch out for the odds in the Match Winner market for England (1.80) and India (3.10). Bet your free bet with Betway
Our prediction for England vs India 5th Test 2018
An England win is expected though the returns on winning a bet on England in the Match Winner market would not be as high as those for India.
Stay updated with the match, and the betting odds as they could change with the changing match scenarios.
England vs India – August 2014 Quick Recap
Here is a quick recap of what had happened at Kennington Oval the last time the two nations played a Test match.
Batting first, Indian batsmen lost their wickets in quick succession with Pujara, Kohi, and Rahane scoring 4, 6 and 0 respectively. India lost 5 wickets for 36 and half of the team was back to the pavilion. The only batsmen with a score of over 20 was MS Dhoni who score 82 runs which took India’s 1st innings score to 148.
Anderson and Broad picked 2 wickets each for England and Jordan and C Woakes picked 3 each to get India all out for 148.
England started their 1st innings with a 66 runs partnership for the 1st wicket. Cook scored 79 runs in this innings. Joe Root stayed not out on 149. Jos Buttler’s innings of 45 along with Stuart Broad’s quick 37 off 21 balls put England in a strong position with 486 runs on the scoreboard.
India trailing behind England by 338 runs started their 2nd innings in much similar fashion like the 1st innings and lost wickets faster this time.
C Pujara (11), V Kohli (20) and S Binny (25*) were the only batsmen with double figure scores.
India were all out for 94 runs as C Jordan picked 4 wickets along with Anderson who picked 2 and Broad and Woakes picking 1 wicket each.
England won the Test by an innings and 244 runs.