England vs India 4th Test Result
Our England vs India 4th test prediction page has the stats and analysis of previous matches at the ground, player performance, who is likely to play a fine innings, pick more wickets and which team has an edge. Check it out to see how stats relevant to the markets you bet on can help make the right choices and bet responsibly minimizing the risk.
The odds on the Match Winner market for England changed from 2.00 to 1.55 as the match progressed through 4 days of play. The odds for Indian victory were always above 2.50 during the 4 days. To know why the betting odds change and how to place your bets smartly without being distracted by the lucrative odds, stay updated with all the cricket news, and updates on the changing odds, markets and selections on posted on our site.
- The Day 4 of the 4th Test match started with England at 260-8. Mohammad Shami dismissed Stuart broad on the first delivery as Broad edged it to the keeper.
- Sam Curran was run out 5 overs later and England was all out for 271 runs.
- Mohammad Shami was the leading wicket taker for India in 2nd innings with 4 for 57 runs. Ishant Sharma picked 2 wickets. R Ashwin and J Bumrah picked 1 wicket each.
- Indian openers came out to bat chasing a target of 244 runs with two days to play. Stuart Broad dismissed KL Rahul for 0. James Anderson followed the attack and got C Pujara lbw out for 5 runs. James Anderson picked his 2-wicket dismissing Shikhar Dhawan for 17 caught by Stokes. India were 3 wickets down for 22 after the dismissal of Dhawan.
- Virat Kohli (58) continuing his good form along with Rahane (51) built a 101 runs partnership for the 4th wicket. Moeen Ali picked Kohli’s wicket breaking the 100-runs partnership and the entire India batting line up collapsed from there in just 61 runs.
- Hardik Pandya was quick to go after Kohli, and score 0 runs. R Pant tried attacking the England bowlers but his stint didn’t last for long and was out for 18. India was 150-6.
- India lost Ajinkya Rahane soon after when the total was 153. Ashwin added another 25 runs before the team was all out for 184 runs.
- India lost by 60 runs and the series. India are behind England 3-1 with just 1 more match to go.
- Moeen Ali was Man of the Match for his 5-63 and 4-71 bowling figures in the match.
- James Anderson and Stuart Broad picked 2 wickets each in the 2nd innings.
Read our prediction for 5th test Eng vs Ind.
We had predicted Kohli will likely be the top 2nd Innings batsman for India and shared with you the odds offered by Bet365 for the selection. Those of you who chose Kohli to be the top 2nd innings batsman will have gained a good profit on the 3.25 odds. Well played.
Based on the past results England’s bowler’s, especially Moeen Ali was more like to succeed in picking wickets as shown in our statistics. We predicted Moeen Ali to be the top 1st innings bowler for 6.00 odds.
Moeen Ali picked 5-63 in the first innings and was the top 1st innings bowler.