England vs India 2nd Test: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
ENG won by an innings and 159 runs
Test 2 of 5 (ENG leads 2 – 0 )
England takes on the visitors in the 2nd Test of the England vs India Test series on 9th August 2018 at Lord’s. Great bowling performances by the English bowlers sealed the victory for England in the first Test by 31 runs. While the Indian batsmen struggled with the moving ball, English top order fell prey to Ashwin’s off spin in the second innings at Edgbaston.
As both the teams gear up for the second Test to be played at Lord’s, here’s a quick team update.
- David Malan has been dropped from the English side for the second Test
- Ollie Pop, who is uncapped yet, will be replacing Malan.
- Ben Stokes is out of the English squad and will not be playing at Lord’s. He will be replaced by Chris Woakes.
Joe Root, James Anderson, Moeen Ali, Stuart Broad, Adil Rashid, Jonny Bairstow, Keaton Jennings, Alastair Cook, Jos Buttler, Sam Curran, Jamie Porter, Chris Woakes, Ollie Pop
The same for all three Test matches.
ENG vs IND 2nd Test Predictions
- England has called back Chris Woakes, which could mean more trouble for the Indian batsmen. The last time Chris Woakes played at Lord’s was against Pakistan where he had picked 6/70 and 5/32 in first and second innings respectively. He will be bowling along Broad-Anderson duo, who have a great record against India at Lord’s.
- India’s batting dependency on Virat Kohli can hurt India’s chances of a comeback in the series. With their current form, Anderson, and Broad can be expected to pick early wickets in India’s innings. Sam Curran, and Chris Woakes will be crucial in cleaning the Indian tail, if Broad-Anderson get through India’s top order.
- An England first Innings lead (1.57) is very likely.
- The way seamers from both teams are moving the ball through the air, the first wicket method is likely to be caught (1.44). Watch out for James Anderson’s performance in the first Innings. There will be a good competition for Top Team 1st Innings bowler between Anderson (3.5), Stuart Broad (3.75) and Chris Woakes (4.5).
- While Indian batsmen struggled in the last match at Edgbaston, the captain, Virat Kohli played a master class. The average 1st and 2nd Innings score at Lord’s is 315 and 298 respectively. Kohli is in a great form and has played his best knocks on the tour. Expect him to be the best 1st Innings batsman (2.87) for India.
- Also watch out for Rahane, who is the overseas specialist to play some fine innings at Lord’s as he has done in the past. The odds for Rahane to be the best 1st Innings batsman are 7.5, while 5.00 and 5.50 for C. Pujara and Dhawan respectively.
Betting Odds and Tips
The odds offered on England win are 1.9 and 2.00 at Betfair and Bet365 respectively. Odds on an Indian victory are same on both the sports betting sites – 2.87, while a draw has odds of 5.00 on both sites.
England will win the Test match, though there will be a good fight from the Indian side as well.
Ishant Sharma has performed exceptionally well on Lord’s before and can be dangerous with his bouncers.
India’s batsmen will come ready for the English seam attack and will be eyeing to not let the English bowlers settle. Markets in the In-Play betting will offer great odds on live predictions. Make the most of it if India loses the top order quickly.
In-Play betting will offer you odds on predictions that you think you can make more confidently watching the match live. Get the match coupons for predictions that will not go either way. For more accurate and specific predictions, watch the game live, keep an eye for the changing odds, and place bets in way that minimizes risk.