Durban Heat vs Tshwane Spartans Prediction – Mzansi 6th Match
Durban Heat won by 10 runs as per DLS
- Date: 21st November 2018
- Time: 5:30 PM IST
- Venue: Kingsmead, Durban
Durban Heat vs Tshwane Spartans Betting Tips
- Hashim Amla and David Miller have the odds of 4.00 and 4.50 in the Top Team Batsman market for Durban Heat. A Rs.100 bet on David Miller would return Rs.450 on winning. BET NOW
- H Klassen has the odds of 5.50 in the same market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.550. BET NOW
- Klassen didn’t play the last match and Morne van Wyk was the wicket-keeper batsman for Durban Heat who opened the innings and scored 26 off 15.
- AB de Villiers has the odds of 2.62 in the Top Team Batsman market for Tshwane Spartans. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.262. BET NOW
- AB de Villiers was the top team batsman in Spartans’ 1st match where he scored 59 off 30 with 3 fours and 5 sixes.
- It was G Cloete who scored 80 off 49 in the last match for Spartans and was the top team batsman. The betting odds for G Cloete in the top team batsman market are set at 5.00. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.500. BET NOW
- Tshwane Spartans have the odds of 1.80 in the Team to Make Highest 1st 6 Overs Score market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.180. BET NOW
Mzansi 6th Match – Teams Comparison
Durban Heat platted their 1st Mzansi Super League 2018 match at Durban on 18th November against Cape Town Blitz. DH started their MSL 2018 campaign on a losing note as they were defeated by CTB by 3 wickets.
Durban posted 157-5 in 20 overs batting first. Khaya Zondo (49 n.o) and Albie Morkel (45) made the major contributions to the total.
In the absence of Heinrich Klaasen, Morne van Wyk was included as the wicket-keeper batsman in the team. MvK opened the innings for Durban Heat with Hashim Amla.
The partnership between the two for the 1st wicket was 41 runs. Durban Heat lost the next 3 wickets for 7 runs. Sareel Erwee and Temba Bavuma batting at number 3 and 4 were both out for 0 followed by Amla out for 15 in the 8th over.
After being reduced to 48-4 in the 8th over, a 71-runs partnership between Khaya Zondo and Albie Morkel got Durban beyond 119 runs in the 17th over.
38 runs are scored in 22 balls after the fall of 5th wicket or 119. Morkel scored 45 off 25 with 3 fours and 3 sixes.
Khaya Zondo was the top team batsman (49) with 2 fours and 2 sixes.
Among the bowlers Keshav Maharaj was the top bowler for Durban Heat with 3 for 24 in 4 overs. Durban Heat bowlers did a great job of picking up wickets regularly and got Cape Town Blitz to 83-5 in the 14th over.
The CTB needed 75 runs off 38 balls with 5 wickets in hand and Durban Heat were at the top of the game. Asif Ali of CTB single handedly took the game away and Durban Heat conceded 75 runs in the next 33 balls.
CTB won by 3 wickets and 5 balls remaining.
The one thing that was common in Durban Heat’s batting and bowling was the lack of a team effort. Their batting hinged on 2 batsmen. They defended 157 with 3 bowlers with an economy rate of over 8 and 1 with an economy rate of 10.25.
Tshwane Spartans too had started their Mzansi Super League 2018 journey on a losing note in opening match of the league at Cape Town.
Tshwane Spartans bowlers bowled at higher economy rates, except Jeevan Mendis whose economy rate was just above 7.
The bowlers picked 3 wickets in 9 overs giving away 64 runs dismissing the top 3 batsmen. The Spartans did not get a wicket for another 10 overs and 100 more runs were added by the CTB for the 4th wicket.
That partnerships change things completely and Tshwane Spartans had to chase 181 runs to win.
Tshwane spartans were all out for 131 with only 3 batsmen scoring double digits. Ab de Villers was the highest runs scorer with 59 runs off 30 balls.
The Spartans bounced back in their next match at Paarl where they scored 203-5 batting 1st.
While their top order batsmen fired in this innings, the middle order failed to impress and the run rate dropped heavily in the last 4 overs.
They defended the 203 runs total successfully and won the match by 1 run. The performance of the middle order batsmen in the death overs could have cost them the match had they Paarl Rocks scored just 2 more runs off the last ball.
Tshwane Spartans have a lot to work on including their bowling which has conceded runs heavily their last 2 matches and their batting which needs consistent contribution from the middle order.
Our Prediction for Durban Heat vs Tshwane Spartans
Tshwane Spartans are the favorites to win this match.
Both teams have conceded too many runs in the death hovers when defending totals. Tshwane Spartans are ahead in terms of batting with their top batsmen finding form and the presence of AB de Villiers, Rilee Rossouw and Dean Elgar at number 3, 4, and 5, Tshwane Spartans have an edge over Durban Heat and will likely win this match. If David Miller and H Klassen are included in the playing XI for DH, it will be a high scoring match and an intense chase.