Durban Heat vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants Prediction – Mzansi 22nd Match
- Date: 5th December 2018
- Time: 10:30 PM IST
- Venue: Kingsmead, Durban
Durban Heat vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants Betting Tips
- David Miller has the odds of 3.25 to be the Durban Heat Top Batsman. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.325. BET NOW
- Though David Miller is one of the biggest hitters in the T20 format and also known as the “killer” Miller, has failed to live up to the name in the recent matches.
- He had scores of 1, 30, and 22 in last 3 matches. His strike rate in these innings was great, but his runs didn’t convert and he could not finish the match for his team. BET NOW
- Morne van Wyk has the odds of 3.75 in the Durban Heat Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.375. BET NOW
- Morne van Wyk has been in good touch and had scored 66 off 33 balls opening the innings against Jozi Stars at Johannesburg.
- Hashim Amla and Heinrich Klaasen both are known to have great potential for scoring runs and have the odds of 4.50. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450. BET NOW
- Heinrich Klaasen hasn’t scored over 5 runs in last 3 matches, while Hashim Amla was out for 4 and 0 in his last 2 appearances.
- Ben Duckett has the odds of 3.75 in the Nelson Mandela Bay Giants Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.375. BET NOW
- Heino Kuhn has the odds of 4.00 in the same market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400. BET NOW
- H Kuhn had scored 54 off 36 balls against Paarl Rocks in the 15th match.
- JJ Smuts, the NMBG skipper had scored an unbeaten 62 against Durban Heat the last time these two teams went head-to-head.
- The betting odds for JJ Smuts in the Top Batsman market are set at 4.33. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.433. BET NOW
- Junior Dala has been consistent with the wickets for the Nelson Mandela Bay Giants and has the odds of 4.50 in the top bowler market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450. BET NOW
Mzansi Match 22nd Squads Comparison
Durban Heat has won 1 of the 6 matches they’ve played so far in the Mzansi Super League. In their last match against Paarl Rocks, the DH managed to post 154 runs which was then chased down by Paarl Rocks quiet comfortably with 9 wickets in hand.
The Durban Heat got off to a good start and had a 65-runs opening stand between Sarel Erwee and Morne van Wyk. DH lost 3 more wickets after that partnership for just 24 runs. This slowed down the run rate and it was Vernon
Philander’s 16-ball 30 runs innings that helped the DH to reach 154.
This score was an easy one to chase at Paarl, and the DH could pick just 1 wicket as Paarl Rocks chased down the target.
This lack of wicket taking ability was seen in the match prior, which was at Johannesburg against Jozi Stars. The DH bowlers conceded 230 runs and picked only 3 wickets, while the DH side was all out for 177 chasing.
Durban Heat has some great hitters in their batting line up and bowlers like Keshav Maharaj and Kyle Abbott can change the game in their favour.
However, none of these potential match winners have played a match wining innings for DH, be it bowlers or batsmen.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
Nelson Mandela are placed 2nd on the points table with 4 wins from 7 matches. Their 2nd loss in the Mzansi Super League came in their last match against Jozi Stars at home venue where they were all out for 92 chasing 174.
That was a disappointing performance from both the NMBG bowlers and batters at their home venue.
In the 15th match against Paarl Rocks, the 70-runs partnership between Christiaan Jonker and Heino Kuhn for the 4th wicket shifted the momentum towards the NMBG. However, after the partnership ended, the lower order gave in and the team lost 5 wickets for just 28 runs in 5 overs.
There is one thing to be noted about the NMBG batting, which is their openers and the middle order.
Marco Marais, and JJ Smuts are really crucial to their batting and a partnership between them for the 1st wicket does change the whole game in their favour as seen in the past where the NMBG defeated Durban by 9 wickets at Port Elizabeth.
Also, NMBG bowlers Junior Dala, Chris Morris, are consistent wicket takers, while JJ Smuts has been the top bowler for NMBG on 2 occasions picking 3 wickets.
Our Prediction for Durban Heat vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants are likely to win this match.
The venue at Durban has a low scoring pattern and teams have previously chased 150 odd runs here successfully. Teams are likely to lose over 5 wickets on this track, and the team with batsmen who can stay at the crease for long, and have a go towards the end will have the advantage.