Durban Heat vs Jozi Stars Prediction Mzansi – 23rd Match
Jozi Stars won by 1 wickets
- Date: 7th December 2018
- Time: 5:30 PM IST
- Venue: Kingsmead, Durban
Durban Heat vs Jozi Stars Betting Odds
- Morne van Wyk has the odds of 3.60 in the Durban Heat Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.360. BET NOW
- Morne van Wyk scored 66 opening the innings for Durban Heat against Jozi Stars in the 16th match and was the top team batsman.
- David Miller and Hashim Amla have the odds of 4.00 each to be the Durban Heat Top Batsman. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400 BET NOW
- David Miller scored 30 off 17 balls the last time DH went head to head against the Jozi Stars. While Amla hasn’t been in good form and has scored 4 and 0 in his last 2 innings against Jozi Stars and Paarl Rocks and was excluded from the playing XI for last 2 matches.
- Khaya Zondo scored unbeaten 38 runs in the last innings against Paarl Rocks and was the top batsman for Durban Heat. The odds for Khaya Zondo in the Durban Heat Top Batsman market are set at 9.50. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.950 BET NOW
- Chris Gayle has the odds of 3.25 in the Jozi Stars Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.325. BET NOW
- Gayle had been away for the larger part of the tournament as he was playing the T10 league in UAE. He played his 1st Mzansi match after his return from the UAE against Cape Town Blitz where he was out for 6.
- Reeza Hendricks has the odds of 3.50 in the Jozi Stars Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.350. BET NOW
- Reeza Hendricks is having the best T20 run in this tournament with 3 half centuries and 1 hundred in his last 4 innings. He has scored 2 hundred in the Mzansi Super League 2018 so far, one of which was against Durban Heat in the 16th match at Johannesburg.
- Ryan Rickelton scored 45 in that innings and was the second highest run scorer for Jozi Stars.
- The betting odds for Ryan Rickelton in the Jozi Stars Top Batsman market are set at 4.33. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.433. BET NOW
- Rashid Khan has the odds of 2.50 to be the Durban Heat Top Bowler. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.250. BET NOW
- Khan played his 1st match after the return from UAE against the Nelson Mandela Bay Giants at Durban on 5th December. He has the bowling figures of 1 for 19 in 3 overs in the rain affected match.
- Kyle Abbott has the odds of 4.75 in the top bowler market for Durban Heat. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.475. BET NOW
- Abbott hasn’t picked more than 1 wicket in last 3 matches for Durban.
- Kagiso Rabada and Eddie Leie are the front runners in the race to be Jozi Stars Top Bowler with the odds of 3.00 and 3.60. A Rs.100 bet on Rabada will return Rs.300 on winning. BET NOW
Mzansi 23rd Match Squads Comparison
Durban Heat are placed at the bottom in the points table with 1 win in 7 matches and 5 losses. Their last match against the Nelson Mandela Bay Giants was called off due to heavy rains in this Mzansi League.
In the hindsight rains might well have been a blessing in disguise for the Durban Heat. The DH bowlers had conceded 121 runs in 13.3 overs and picked only 2 wickets of the NMBG team.
The bowling has been below par in this season and in the 18th match against Paarl Rocks, where the DH posted a total of 154, Paarl Rocks chased down the target with 9 wickets in hand.
Another instance of a poor bowling performance at an away venue was against Jozi Stars in Johannesburg. The Jozi Stars scored 230 for the loss of 3 wickets batting first against the Durban Heat.
In the batting department, there are a very few number of batsmen who are consistent with the runs but without the necessary partnerships they too seem helpless on the crease chasing big totals conceded by their bowlers.
Jozi Stars defeated the number 1 team in the points table in their last match making it 4 wins in 7 matches. After losing to Tshwane Spartans in Centurion, Jozi Stars have bounced back and won 2 consecutive matches.
They’ve defeated Cape Town Blitz in their last match at Cape Town where Reeza Hendricks unleashed his might and Rassie van de Dussen joined and added 42 crucial runs to the total. The Jozi Stars posted a total of 196 runs, and their bowlers, Daniel Christian, and Duanne Olivier broke through Cape Town Blitz batting.
Christian and Olivier picked 4 and 3 wickets each. They wrapped up the Cape Town Blitz side for 146 runs and won the match comprehensively by 50 runs.
This win followed their win at home against Durban Heat where Reeza Hendricks had scored a hundred and the Jozi Stars defended 230 runs winning by 53.
With Kagiso Rabada, Daniel Christian, Beuran Hendricks, the Jozi Stars bowling looks very competitive and if their top order continues unleashing the wrath as they did in previous matches, they are looking at a comfortable win away from home.
Prediction for Durban Heat vs Jozi Stars
Jozi Stars will win this match.