Dortmund vs Atlético: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Wednesday, October 25th, 2018, 12:30 AM
BVB Stadion Dortmund Dortmund
Dortmund 4 – 0 Atlético
The big boys of Group A meet at the atmospheric Westfalenstadion with both sides knowing the victor will all but earn themselves passage to the knockout stages.
If there is one game to set the pulses racing in week three’s Champions League fixtures, then this is it.
German heavy metal meets Spanish skill in a clash of the titans no one will want to miss especially as Dortmund are one of the highest scoring sides in Europe this season with a whopping 18 goals in their last four competitive games.
However, Atletico have hardly been idle with nine in their last five prior to the game against Villarreal, but it is no surprise to learnt that Dortmund head group A on goal difference from Atletico.
That means a draw will suit the home side in their quest to top the group and considering Dortmund’s attacking style does leave them open at the back, an entertaining 2-2 draw looks set to light up Europe on Wednesday night.
- Over 2.5 goals 2.10 – BET NOW
There are few more obvious bets than this one.
You have to go back to the 22nd September of the last time Borussia failed to score at least three goals in a game and with Atleti having scored in six of their last seven up to the Villarreal game, goals aplenty is almost an assured thing.
- Both teams to score 1.80 – BET NOW
Similar to the above bet but adds a little bank of insurance the score ends 1-1.
As mentioned above, the pair have enjoyed plenty of goals this season and in the Champions League the pair have shared nine goals in their opening two games wit Dortmund ahead by one on goal difference.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Despite both being European regulars, they have only met four times prior in Europe and not since the 1996/97 group campaign.
Both came away with an away victory and both ending that section on 13 points but Atletico taking the section on head to head record.
However, there was sweet revenge for Dortmund as they ended up lifting the Champions League trophy for their one and only title success to date.
The German side also beat Atletico in the 1965/66 European Cup Winners Cup quarter final 2-1 on aggregate and again went on to lift the title.
- Three times Atletico Madrid have finished runners-up in the Champions League whilst Borussia Dortmund famously won the title in 1997.
- Atletico have only lost one of their last sixteen games in continental competitions and only one in their last eight away games in Europe.
- Borussia Dortmund have only won two of their last seven European matches having lost four of them.
- Both sides have won their opening group A fixtures, but Dortmund boast a one goal better goal difference.
- Atletico have reached five European finals in the last nine years (two Champions League, three Europa Leagues).