Cardiff vs Man Utd: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Saturday, December 22nd, 2018, @23:00
Cardiff City Stadium
Cardiff 1 – 5 Man Utd
Neil Warnock welcomes Manchester United to the Cardiff City Stadium hoping that home advantage can help with picking up some more vital points.
All four of Cardiff’s victories this season have come at home, with just a one solitary point picked up on the road. Neil Warnock won’t mind too much about the away form if the home matches are won but they are dropping too many points and will have to do better if they are to escape a relegation battle at the end of the season.
Going into the Liverpool match, Manchester United had not lost in four games – but three of them had been drawn. This is what attracts the criticism against Jose Mourinho’s side – that they are not adventurous enough and are happy to take a draw. United are slipping away from the European spots and need a win in Cardiff to get back in touch.
Cardiff took until late in October to record their first win of the season but have now won the majority of their matches at home since then and will be quietly confident that they can capitalise on the constant feeling of disarray that follows Jose Mourinho these days.
Manchester United just don’t seem to have the consistent quality to challenge in the Premier League this season. They still have some very good players but the manager’s tactics seems to hamper them – and that has a knock on effect on their confidence. Sports betting sites have fairly long odds for a home win here but Cardiff might manage a 1-1 draw.
- Draw 3.80 – BET NOW
Neil Warnock’s side can count on a vociferous home crowd to help them at the Cardiff City Stadium and a point will be a great morale-boosting result.
- Both teams to score at 10/11 1.80 – BET NOW
There are some very good attacking players on display in this fixture but it is more down to the defensive frailties that a bet on both teams to score seems a clever move.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
United have enjoyed the better results in this fixture through the years – and Cardiff have not won at home in this fixture since 1960.
- Cardiff keeper Neil Etheridge is the main reason why the Bluebirds aren’t propping up the table. Only Joe Hart and Lukasz Fabianski have made more saves in the Premier League this season.
- It shows how frail the Manchester United defence has been this season that David De Gea is the keeper with the fewest clean sheets in the entire division.
- When you are down towards the bottom of the table your luck seems to desert you – Cardiff have missed more penalties than everyone else apart from Everton.
- David De Gea is the only ever present in the Premier League for Manchester United this season. For all his early season relationship problems with Jose Mourinho, Paul Pogba is the outfield player with most starts.