CSKA Moskva vs Real Madrid: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018, 01:30 AM
CSKA Arena Moscow
CSKA Moskva 1 – 0 Real Madrid
Real Madrid head to CSKA Moscow and the cauldron of VEB Arena for a night of tense action in a true test of determination and grit.
Real Madrid got their campaign off to an impressive start with a 3-0 win over arguably their biggest rivals for the group in Roma and will be buoyed by confidence heading to Russia. However, domestic results haven’t been entirely positive with a midweek defeat to Sevilla, and such is life at Santiago Bernabeu that Julen Lopetegui is only ever a few bad results away from serious pressure.
Madrid’s win over Roma should nonetheless be a warning to CSKA who despite coming from behind to draw with Viktoria Plzeň will be disappointed they let it come to that.
Expect a tough battle in the Russian capital to ensue but Real to have enough quality to come through with a narrow 2-1 win.
- Both teams to score 1.70 BET NOW
CSKA have been in fine scoring form this season and at the time of writing have not failed to score a goal in a game since the 5th August whilst remarkably you have to go all the way back to February for the last time Real Madrid failed to score in 90 minutes.
- Real Madrid to win and both teams to score 3.10 BET NOW
The case for goals is clear as mentioned above but it is impossible to look past the visitors for the win after their superb victory over Roma who are deemed superior to CSKA making Real Madrid to win and both teams to score the best way to get match value from this game.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
It is quite remarkable to learn that the pair have only played each other twice in European competition.
Their meeting came in the last sixteen stage of the 2011-12 Champions League season and it was Real Madrid who came out 5-2 winners on aggregate.
CSKA did manage a 1-1 draw in the home leg thanks to Pontus Wernbloom scoring a 93rd minute equaliser to cancel out Cristiano Ronaldo’s first half strike.
However, at the Bernabeu, Real were on form and a brace from Ronaldo and a goal apiece from Karim Benzema and Gonzalo Higuain proved enough to ensure Zoran Tosic’s away goal counted for nothing.
- CSKA head coach Viktor Goncharenko has faced Real Madrid twice as a manager before and lost twice when in charge of BATE.
- Real Madrid has scored a goal in every competitive game they have played since February.
- CSKA Moscow have not made it out of the group stages since the 2010/11 season when they were knocked out by Real Madrid in the last sixteen.
- Real Madrid have won the European Cup a record 13 times and the last three seasons in a row.
- CSKA came from behind to draw their opening group game 2-2 with Plzen whilst Real beat Roma 3-0.