Chittagong Vikings vs Comilla Victorians Prediction – BPL 14th Match
Chittagong won by 4 wickets
- Date: 13th January 2019
- Time: 6:00 PM IST
- Venue: Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
- Luke Ronchi leads with odds of 3.55 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.355) in the team top batsman market for Chittagong Vikings BET NOW
- He is followed by Mohammad Shahzad and C Delport with odds of 3.85 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.385) and 4.45 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.445) in the same market. BET NOW
- Yasir Ali, the top batsman for Vikings in the last match has odds of 6.40 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.640) in the same market. BET NOW
- Tamim Iqbal and Evin Lewis are the front runners for the Comilla Victorians in the top batsman market with odds of 3.65 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.365) and 3.75 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.375). Imrul Kayes follows with odds of 4.45 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.445) in the same market. BET NOW
- For Chittagong Vikings, R Frylinck the hero from the last match, leads with odds of 3.50 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.350) in the top bowler market. BET NOW
- He is followed by Abu Jayed with odds of 4.35 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.435) in the same market. While for the Comilla Victorians, Shahid Afridi leads with odds of 3.95 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.395) in the top bowler market. BET NOW
- M Shahid and M Saifuddin share odds of 4.35 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.435) in the same market. BET NOW
Bangladesh Premier League 14th Match Squad Comparison
With 2 wins in 3 matches, the Vikings are at number 3 spot in the points table. Their 2nd win of the BPL 2018-19 season came in the last match against Khulna Titans, where the Vikings won the Super Over. The bowling was noteworthy as the Vikings very well put brakes on the Titans innings in the death overs. While the bowlers conceded heavily early in the innings, in the last 3 overs, the Vikings picked 3 wickets for 19 runs.
The openers failed to make any major contributions or build a strong partnership. There hasn’t been consistency at number 3, and 4, though in the last match, majority runs were scored at these positions. Robbie Frylinck has played a major role in every match for the Vikings with both bat and ball. He related his heroics in the last match, and ensured his team ended up on the winning side in the super over.
There is a lack of partnerships in the batting and Robbie Frylinck is the only batsmen who’s shown the potential to shift gears in the death overs and chase totals in the final over. A lot has revolved around him and this makes the Vikings side vulnerable. With no other finishers in the side, and the top and middle order batsmen not staying long at the crease, Vikings would struggle to chase against Comilla bowling attack.
The Victorians too, have 2 wins in 3 matches so far. They are placed right below the Vikings at number 4. In their last match, they registered a convincing victory over Rajshahi Kings. Shahid Afridi has found form with his bowling and bowled a match winning spell in the recent match. While inclusion of Liam Dawson in the side has worked out very well for the Victorians.
The Victorians have a match-winning all-rounder in Afridi, as someone who not only gets the wickets at crucial moments, but also hits the ball well in the death overs. The top order has Evin Lewis, Tamim Iqbal while the stand-in skipper Imrul Kayes at number 4 can get their side much needed runs at the top. Presence of Shoaib Malik at number 5 would work for the Victorians at the right time when a steady innings is needed.
Malik and Afridi at number 5 and 6 bring in experience and skill that would be handy for Comilla Victorians in the death overs. Victorians have chased 130 twice in 3 matches and won on both occasions.
Our Prediction for Chittagong Vikings vs Comilla Victorians
Comilla Victorians are the favourites to win this match
Comilla Victorians are slightly ahead in the race. Both teams have same winning record in this season of the BPL, though there are quiet a few batting and bowing differences in the two sides.