Chelsea vs Fulham: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Sunday, December 2nd, 2018, 05:30 pm
Chelsea 2 – 0 Fulham
Chelsea look to get back to winning ways as they welcome Fulham to Stamford Bridge for the West London derby.
Chelsea lost their first Premier League game of the season last time out as they tamely gave in to Tottenham at Wembley. Maurizio Sarri had warned fans that his side wasn’t ready for the title this season but they had made a great start, playing some wonderful football. They should beat Fulham at home but will the nerves now set in?
The new manager bounce definitely worked for Fulham as they won only their second game of the season as Claudio Ranieri took over at Craven Cottage. The Italian will be visiting one of his former employers at Chelsea and will surely get a good reception from the crowd. Whether his opponents will be quite as accommodating remains to be seen.
Chelsea may have just lost their first game but they had only managed to win three out of their previous seven in the Premier League. This hardly constitutes a crisis at Stamford Bridge but with Manchester City and Liverpool continuing their fine form well into November it seems that no-one can drop too many points and still be included in the title race.
Before the win over Southampton, Fulham had lost six consecutive Premier League matches – including some against their relegation rivals – and not won since August. Ranieri will give the side and the whole club a boost but it is questionable whether he can inspire his side to get anything from a visit to Stamford Bridge. Chelsea could win this 3-0.
- Chelsea to win to nil 1.83 – BET NOW
Before scoring three against Southampton, Fulham had failed to score in three consecutive Premier League defeats and will do well to find the net in this one.
- Total goals at over 3.5 1.90 – BET NOW
Chelsea will be desperate to get back to winning ways after the capitulation against Spurs. Expect a few goals at the Bridge.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Chelsea are by far the dominant side in this fixture with Fulham having not beaten their West London rivals since 2006.
- Chelsea are still the team to watch if you want to see free flowing football. Three of their players are in the top four for completed passes in the Premier League this season.
- They may be at the wrong end of the table but Fulham striker Aleksander Mitrovic is having a fine season – he’s scored seven in the league already.
- Eden Hazard may not have had a look in against Spurs but he is still one of the top goal scorers in the league with only Sergio Agüero scoring more.
- One of the main reasons why Fulham are struggling in the Premier League this season is that they have not defended well. They are the only side in the entire English league system yet to manage a clean sheet.