Chelsea vs Bournemouth: Predictions, Odds and Statistics- Premier League
Saturday, September 1, 2018, 19:30 UTC+5:30
Stamford Bridge, London
Chelsea 2 – 0 Bournemouth
Chelsea played their get out of jail free card against Newcastle at the and might need to again as an unbeaten Bournemouth side head to the capital looking to upset the Blues.
Cherries boss Eddie Howe can be forgiven for being a little big headed at the moment after seven points from his sides opening three games has so far left many critics who tipped Bournemouth to go down with egg on their face.
However, it is still early days, and if Howe is confident, then new Blues boss Maurizio Sarri is beaming from ear to ear after earning three wins from three.
That may change on Saturday as the Cherries head to Stamford Bridge with the knowledge that they dealt the Blues a 3-0 thumping on their last trip to the Chelsea backyard in January this year.
That said, the Blues look to have too much strength in depth and the fact that the Cherries have a midweek League Cup favour swings the pendulum in Chelsea’s favour and a 2-1 win.
Chelsea have been leaving it late this season and of their eight goals this season, three have come in the minutes between 80 – 87.
In fact, all three of the Blues Premier League games this season have seen goals after the 77:59-minute mark.
Bournemouth have scored two goals in every league game so far this season and Chelsea have scored two or more in their three outings so far.
With a combined 14 goals, expect the back of the net to bulge at both ends of the pitch.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Remarkably, the pair have only met 12 times in competitive action and there has never been a draw between the two.
As expected, Chelsea take a distinct advantage in the head to head record having won nine of the 12 meetings with Bournemouth taking three wins.
Interestingly though, two of Bournemouth’s three wins have come at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League including that January 3-0 thumping in which second half goals shell shocked the home side.
- In 12 meetings, the pair have never shared the spoils by recording a draw with Chelsea claiming 9 wins.
- Bournemouth won the first meeting between the two back in League Division Two in 1988. The Cherries took a narrow 1-0 win that day.
- Chelsea have already made the most passes in the Premier League this season with 2291, that is 228 more than the side with the second highest number in Liverpool.
- All 14 goals the sides have scored this season (Chelsea 8, Bournemouth 6) have come from inside the box, so don’t expect any 30-yard screamers.
- Bournemouth have made just 38 tackles this season, only Manchester City have made less with 20 and it is also 8 less than the Blues.