Chelsea vs BATE: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Friday, October 26th, 2018, 12:30 AM
Chelsea 3 – 1 BATE
Chelsea welcome the Belarusian Premier League champions to Stamford Bridge looking to turn possession into goals.
Chelsea have completely dominated both their opening Europa League matches but have only won 1-0 on both occasions. Fans and players alike will feel that this could be the one where the goals go in and the Belarusian side will do well to escape without conceding too many.
After defeating Vidi away from home in their group opener BATE will have been disappointed to have been beaten so resoundingly by PAOK last time out. That 4-1 defeat could serve as an ominous omen for the match at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea are showing some scintillating form recently.
Chelsea have looked in fine form this season both domestically and in Europe. Manchester City may still be favourites for the English Premier League but it looks as though the London side will push them all the way – along as they can keep hold of Eden Hazard who is wanted by Spanish giants Real Madrid.
BATE totally dominate Belarusian football and are well on their way to winning their 13th successive domestic league title. But it is in European competition where they are desperate to prove their worth. It seems unlikely that this will be the night however and Chelsea could win this 4-0.
- Total goals over 3.5 2.10 – BET NOW
Chelsea may not have racked up the goals in their opening two matches but BATE seem there for the taking and it would not be a surprise if the West London club hit a rich vein of form here.
- Chelsea to win to nil 1.50 – BET NOW
Maurizio Sarri’s side have not conceded at all in the Europa League this season and have been fairly miserly in defence in the English Premier League as well. The home keeper may not have much to do in this one.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
These sides have never met before and this is Chelsea’s first ever match against Belarusian opposition.
- They may have only scored two goals so far but Chelsea top the attempts table with a staggering 49 shots in just two matches.
- BATE have met English opposition in two previous Europa League campaigns, losing both times to Arsenal last season and winning one and losing one to Everton back in 2009/10.
- This is the first season that Chelsea have competed in the Europa League since they went all the way in 2013, beating Benfica in the final.
- BATE are the only Belarusian club to ever qualify for the group stage of the Champions League – and one of only two to qualify for the Europa League group stage.