Central Stags vs Wellington Firebirds Prediction – Super Smash 8th Match
Wellington won by 8 wickets
- Date: December 31, 2018
- Time: 08:30 AM IST
- Venue: Pukekura Park, New Plymouth
Central Stags – 1.80 (bet INR 100 and pocket INR 180 if Central Stags win) BET NOW
Wellington Firebirds – 2.00 (bet INR 100 and pocket INR 200 if Wellington Firebirds wins) BET NOW
Central Stags vs Wellington Firebirds Betting Tips
- In head to head clashes Wellington Firebirds have slight edge over Central Stags having won 12 games and lost on 10 occasions
- Seth Rance and Doug Bracewell share odds of 4.00 (wager INR 100 and get INR 400) to be Central Stags’ best bowler while on the Firebirds’ side Jeetan Patel leads with 3.50 (wager INR 100 and get INR 350) BET NOW
- Tom Bruce, George Worker and Dane Cleaver share odds of 4.50 (bet INR 100 and get INR 400) to be Central Stags’ best batsman while Devon Conway leads for the Firebirds with odds of 4.00 (bet INR 100 and get INR 400) BET NOW
- For most sixes in the game Wellington Firebirds have odds of 2.20 (bet INR 100 and get INR 220) while Central Stags have odds of 1.95 (bet INR 100 and get INR 195) BET NOW
- The odds between the two sides are tied at 1.90 (bet INR 100 and get INR 190) so far in the highest opening partnership market BET NOW
For Tom Bruce and his men it has been two contrasting performances in the two games they have played so far this season. They won the first game against Northern Knights convincingly but had a poor outing against the Auckland Aces in their last game. It was a game where the batting order collapsed like a pack of cards. As they take on Wellington Firebirds in the next game they would press hard for a win to rise up on the points table. Firebirds aren’t in the best of form and Bruce would be looking to exploit this situation.
Dane Cleaver’s poor run of form is a worry for the side while George Worker did find some form in the last game. Will Young returned to form after failing in the last game but rest of the batsmen didn’t trouble their opponents. The likes of Doug Bracewell, Josh Clarkson and Kieran Noema-Barnett need to bat well for the side to win the next game. In the bowling department they have done well in both the games with Ben Wheeler, Blair Tickner and Doug Bracewell having done well in both the games. With good support from Felix Murray they should bowl well.
It hasn’t been the kind of start that Hamish Bennet and his team would have expected. They lost their opening game against Northern Knights and then saw the next one against Auckland Aces get washed off. However the heart-breaking loss that they suffered against Otago Volts in the last game would have really hurt the side. They had the game in the bag in the final over before throwing it away. While the side has seen good individual performances they would need to play as a team in the next game to win it. Bennet would know that one more loss would upset their chances of progressing in the tournament.
The good news for the side is the form of their openers with Michael Bracewell and Devon Conway having both batted well in the last game. It is the middle order that let them down in the last game but Adam Hose, James Neesham and Tom Blundell did perform well in the first game which would give some confidence to the side. Their bowling unit is failing to apply pressure on the opponents. Bennet who leads the bowling attack would hope the likes of Neesham, Ollie Newton and Jeetan Patel bowl well in the upcoming game.
Our Prediction for Central Stags vs Wellington Firebirds
Central Stags would win this game
We have seen some great action in the first week and the points table is already taking shape in 2018-19 season of Super Smash. In the upcoming game Central Stags would take on Wellington Firebirds at Pukekura Park, New Plymouth. Stags who have had one win and a loss in their previous two games would like to add to their points tally while Wellington Firebirds are struggling at the moment after two losses and a game being washed away. As both the sides need to win the upcoming game we should see a well-contested match.
Central Stags have looked a better side so far as compared to Wellington Firebirds and they would start as favourites to win the game.