Central Stags vs Otago Volts Prediction – Super Smash 14th Match
- GH Worker has the odds of 4.25 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.425) in the team top batsman market for Central Stags. He is followed by D Cleaver with 4.35 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.435) odds in the same market. BET NOW
- The Central Stags skipper Tom Bruce has the odds of 4.35 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.435) in the team top batsman market. His scores in last 3 matches were 28, 8 and 88*. BET NOW
- Will Young is another top order batsman in this race to be the team top batsman with 4.75 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.475) odds.
Hamish Rutherford leads the top team batsman odds table with the odds of 3.25 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.325) for Otago Volts. BET NOW
- Neil Broom, opening batsman for Otago with great potential to score big runs has the odds of 4.15 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.415) in the top batsman market. BET NOW
- Anaru Kitchen follows the two openers in the odds table with 4.45 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.445) odds in the same market. BET NOW
- Seth Rance and Doug Bracewell have the odds of 3.90 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.390) and 3.95 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.395) in the team top bowler market for Central Stags. BET NOW
- Blair Tickner and Ben Wheeler follow with the odds of 4.35 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.435) and 4.45 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.445) in the same market. BET NOW
- Christi Viljoen who had picked 4 for 23 against Wellington has the odds of 3.95 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.395) in the top team bowler market for Otago Volts. BET NOW
- Jacob Duffy was the top bowler for Volts with the figures of 3 for 18 against Northern Knights in their last match. He has the odds of 5.05 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.505) in the top bowler market. BET NOW
Central Stags vs Otago Volts 14th Match Squad Comparison
With 1 win and 2 losses in 4 matches, the Stags are placed 5th in the points table. They lost their last 2 matches at New Plymouth against Wellington and Auckland. The batting has been disappointing in particular with their top and middle order lacking the necessary partnerships to score big totals. While they had lost 5 wickets for 84 against Wellington, their score was even less against Auckland when half of the team was back in the hut.
The only win in the Super Smash 2018-19 season so far for Central Stags was against Northern Knights. While they successfully chased 157 in that match, it was a one-man show where the skipper Tom Bruce scored an unbeaten 88 off 52 balls to see his team to victory. There has been no improvement in the batting and it will now be expected of their bowlers to be even more aggressive against the Otago batting line up.
With 2 win and 1 loss in 4 matches, the Volts are 3rd in the points table. Their last fixture was against Central Stags at Dunedin which was washed out due to rain. Prior to that the Otago Volts lost to Northern Knights where they scored only 99 runs in 20 overs. This performance came after two successive win in first 2 matches.
Otago had chased 185 against Canterbury and defended 167 against Wellington before suffering a loss at the hands of Northern Knights. Their top 3 batsmen have shown great performances including Hamish Rutherford, Anaru Kitchen, and Neil Broom. Christi Viljoen and Jacob Duffy have been consistent with the ball picking wickets regularly. Matthew Bacon and Michael Rippon have great potential and can be expected to deliver in the upcoming match.
Our Prediction for Central Stags vs Otago Volts
Otago Volts would win this match
Both teams have faced losses in their last match and would be desperately looking to turn things around. The two teams were supposed to lock horns at Dunedin in the 4th match, but it was abandoned. That could be a lost opportunity for the Volts as their performance at that venue has been good in the past.