Central Districts vs Canterbury Prediction – Ford Trophy 28th Match
Match abandoned without toss due to rain
- Date: 24th November 2018
- Time: 3:30 AM IST
- Venue: Pukekura Park, New Plymouth
Central Districts vs Canterbury Betting Tips
- Chad Bowes has the odds of 3.25 in the Canterbury Top Batsman market at Betway sports. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.325.
- Chad Bowes scored 104 runs in the last match against Otago and was the top team batsman for Canterbury. His scores in last 3 matches were 104, 5, and 34.
- Jack Boyle hit a century in the 21st match against Northern Knights. His scores in the 2 matches after the hundred were 12, and 2.
- He has the odds of 3.25 in the Canterbury Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.325. BET NOW
- Stephen Murdoch has 1half-century and 1 century in his last 3 innings. The odds for Stephen Murdoch to be the Canterbury Top Batsman are 4.50. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450. BET NOW
- Cole McConchie who has picked 4 wickets in his last 3 innings has the odds of 3.00 in the Canterbury Top Bowler market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.300. BET NOW
- Blake Coburn was the top team bower for Canterbury in the last match with 2 wickets. In his last 3 innings, he has picked 2 wickets twice and was wicket-less in one match – against Wellington, 24th match. BET NOW
- Blake Coburn has the odds of 4.00 in the top bowler market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400. BET NOW
- Greg Hay has the odds of 3.60 in the Central Districts Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win RS.360. BET NOW
- Greg Hay was the top batsman for Central Districts in the last match against Wellington where he scored 83 runs. His scores in the 2 matches previous to the 83-runs innings were 0 and 22.
- Tom Bruce has scored 2 consecutive half centuries in last 2 innings. He has the odds of 4.33 in the top batsman market for Central Districts. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.433. BET NOW
- While another in-form batsman Dean Foxcroft has the odds of 4.00 in the Central Districts Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400. BET NOW
- Josh Clarkson who scored 111 against Auckland in the 22nd match was out for 1 in the next against Wellington. The odds for Josh Clarkson to be the Central Districts Top Batsman are set at 4.50. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450. BET NOW
Ford Trophy Match 28th Teams Comparison
Central Districts won 3 in 9 matches in The Ford Trophy 2018 are placed 5th in the table. Their batting looks improved as their team totals have gone up in the last 3 matches. In the match no 20, 22 and 25th, Central Districts totals were 208-10, 226-10, 279-10.
Though they have been all-out in all these 3 matches, their total went up in the last match where they scored 279 against Wellington. CD defended this total and won by 7 runs (DLS method)
This match saw Dean Foxcroft, Josh Clarkson fail as they didn’t even score double figures. But opener Greg Hay (83), Tom Bruce (87), and Willem Ludick (46) helped the score reach 279. These innings were crucial along with a 15 balls-27 runs innings by Ben Wheeler who added 51 runs for the 6th wicket with William Ludick.
This was CD’s second match against Wellington in this season of Ford Trophy. In their 1st match against Wellington, CD were all-out for 208 chasing. It can be said of CD that they made a good comeback.
They would be looking to carry this wining momentum ahead and end the season with a win in the last match.
Canterbury are on the bottom of the points table with 2 wins in 9 matches. They have lost 3 consecutive matches. They have lost twice in last 3 matches defending and once chasing.
In the match no 21 Canterbury scored 307 batting first and lost to Northern Knights by 4 wickets.
Whereas in their last match against Otago Canterbury scored 270 batting first and failed to defend the total as Otago chased down the target successfully with 4 wickets in hand.
Their bowlers haven’t cleaned the tail in last 3 matches. In both their losses while defending the bowlers could only pick 6 wickets and in the match against Wellington they picked 7 wickets for 256.
At a time where Central Districts batsmen are finding rhythm and their top and middle order batsmen scoring half centuries, Canterbury bowlers could only make the case stronger for a Central Districts win.
Prediction for Central Districts vs Canterbury
Central Districts will win this match.