Cardiff vs Man City: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Saturday, September 22, 2018, 7:30 PM
Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff
Cardiff 0 – 5 Man City
Manchester City are expected to beat Cardiff comfortably as the Welsh side battle an immediate return to the Championship.
Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock is quickly learning that there is no forgiveness in the Premier League as his side prepare to host defending champions Manchester City.
Few (if anyone), is giving Cardiff a chance but could the wily old Warnock have a trick or two up his sleeve?
As fixtures go, Cardiff have been dealt a rough hand, in recent weeks they have faced Arsenal, Chelsea and now prepare to take on the might of Manchester City.
However, despite this, Cardiff remain outside the bottom three and know it is unlikely to get harder than this weekend.
This one may have to be chalked off as experience, but the Bluebirds did beat City at the Cardiff City Stadium in August 2013 to breed some hope.
However, that was five years ago, and City has stepped up another gear.
14 goals in five games is testament to that whilst Cardiff have conceded nine in their five games meaning the City juggernaut is set to continue and a comfortable 4-1 away win the prediction.
- Both teams to score is 2.20 Bet Now
Picked for value this one, we all know City are incapable of not scoring and have not failed to score this season meaning it all comes down to the Bluebirds.
Despite their early season struggles, Cardiff have found their scoring boots and has scored in their last three games in all competitions.
Putting two past Arsenal and one past Chelsea deserves some respect and on home soil expect the Bluebirds to deal a bloody nose to City.
- City to win with a -2 handicap is 2.050 Bet Now
This is without doubt the best value bet on the likely City win.
Pep Guardiola’s men beat Fulham 3-0 last time out making this a winning bet and also thumped Huddersfield 6-1, coupled with Cardiff’s shaky defence, expect City to win by at least three goals once again.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
As mentioned above, Cardiff dealt the blue half of Manchester a blow at the beginning of the 2013/14 season by beating them 3-2 in Cardiff.
The Citizens bounced back however, with a 4-2 home win in the reverse fixture and also returned to Cardiff in last season’s FA Cup and recorded a 2-0 win.
Manchester City have beaten Cardiff a total of 21 times with Cardiff winning 9 and 20 draws recorded between the pair.
- Manchester City has had more shots at goal this season than anyone else (119).
- Cardiff have made the least number of passes backward this season with just 181. That is 364 less than City.
- No Cardiff player has managed to score more than one goal in the league this season.
- Manchester City won the first ever meeting between the two sides 2-0 back in November 1921.
- Remarkably, Cardiff goalkeeper Neil Etheridge has kept the same number of clean sheets this season as Man City keeper Ederson with 2 apiece.