Cape Town Blitz vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants Prediction – Mzansi 7th Match
Cape Town Blitz won by 12 runs
- Date: 21st November 2018
- Time: 10:30 PM IST
- Venue: Newlands, Cape Town
Cape Town Blitz vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants Betting Tips
- Quinton de Kock has the odds of 3.50 in the Top Team Batsman market for Cape Town Blitz. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.350. BET NOW
- This will be Quinton de Kock’s 1st game in the Mzansi Super League 2018. He was in the South Africa squad for the Australia tour and will likely play this match.
- David Malan and Asif Ali have the odds of 4.00 and 4.50 in the Top Team Batsman market for Cape Town Blitz. A Rs.100 bet on Asif Ali would return Rs.450. BET NOW
- Asif Ali was the top team batsman for CTB in the last match scoring 80 off 33 balls.
- B Duckett has the odds of 4.50 in the Top Team Batsman market for Nelson Mandela Bay Giants. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450. BET NOW
- Ben Duckett scored 75 off 45 balls in the last match and was the top team batsman for NMBG.
- JJ Smuts who opened the innings for NMBG in the last match has the odds of 4.50 in the same market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450. BET NOW
- Both Cape Town Blitz and Nelson Mandela Bay Giants have the odds of 1.90 in he Team to Make Highest 1st 6 Overs Score market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.190 BET NOW
- The odds for Yes selection in A Fifty to be Scored in the Match market has the odds of 1.20. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.120. BET NOW
- With batsmen like Dawid Malan, Asif Ali, Ben Duckett, JJ Smuts, it is likely for a half century to be scored in the match.
Mzansi 7th Match Teams Comparison
Cape Town Blitz
Cape Town Blitz have won 2 in 2 matches in Mzansi League 2018 so far. In their 1st match against Tshwane Spartans CTB scored 180-4 batting first and own the match by 49 runs.
Kyle Verreynne and Mohmmad Nawaz built a 100-runs partnership for the 4th wicket which helped the score reach 180 in 20 overs.
All the bowlers picked 1 wicket each for CTB and Ferisco Adams was the top bowler with 3 for 28. The CTB bowlers were effective in cleaning up the tail as they picked the last 5 wickets for 31 runs in 5 overs.
While in the second match against Durban Heat, the Cape Town bowlers were effective in slicing through the top order as they picked 3 wickets for 7 runs after the Durban Heat were 41-1.
Cape Town Blitz chased down 158 runs target with 3 wickets in hand. Unlike their 1st match, the CTB middle and lower order was exposed against Durban Heat as they lost wickets regularly. Asif Ali batting at number 4 single handedly won the match for CTB scoring 80 off 33 balls with 7 fours and 5 sixes.
CTB were save by a partnership of 100 runs after 64-3 in the 1st match and in the next match, though they were reduced to 83-5 in the 14th over, Asif Ali’s innings won the match for them.
The bowlers put a team effort in the 1st match and the batsmen too had a long partnership, which resulted in their win.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants have 1 win in 1 match they have played so far in Mzansi Super League 2018. The bowlers put a great effort in picking wickets at regular interval and never letting the opposition settle.
NMBG captain JJ Smuts picked 3 for 20 and Ryan McLaren picked 2 for 22. Junior Dala was economical with his spell of 1 for 19 in 4 overs.
A team effort by the bowlers restricted the Jozi Stars for 124-7 in 20 overs. Chasing 125 runs to win, NMBG did not get off to a good start and lost both their openers for 0. Ben Duckett and Heino Kuhn put together 44 runs for the 3rd wicket and the chase was back on track.
The wickets fell regularly after that and NMGB were 109-5 in the 15th over. However, at this point they were ahead in the run rate and needed just 16 runs in 5 overs with 5 wickets in hand.
NMBG won the match by 5 wickets and 12 balls remaining.
The Giants have a strong bowling attack and if they were to defeat CTB, they will have to up their batting game as chasing against CTB in Cape Town won’t be an easy task.
Our Prediction for Cape Town Blitz vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
Cape Town Blitz are likely to win this match.