Cape Town Blitz vs Jozi Stars Prediction – Mzansi 20th Match
Jozi Stars won by 50 runs
- Date: 4th December 2018
- Time: 10:30 PM IST
- Venue: Newlands, Cape Town
Cape Town Blitz – 1.75 Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.175 BET NOW
Jozi Stars – 1.95 Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.195 BET NOW
Cape Town Blitz vs Jozi Stars Betting Tips
- Reeza Hendricks has the odds of 3.20 to be the Jozi Stars Top Batsman. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.320 BET NOW
- Reeza Hendricks became the 7th batsman in the history of the game to hit 2 back to back T20 hundreds after he scored an unbeaten 108 off 62 balls against NMBG in match no.19.
- Rassie van der Dussen is also among the top contenders to be the top team batsman for Jozi Stars. He has the odds of 3.75 in the Jozi Stars Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.375. BET NOW
- In the last 3 matches, Jozi Stars haven’t lost more than 5 wickets. It is their top order that has scored the most runs and if the form continues chances are the top team batsman will be among the top order batsman. BET NOW
- The opener Ryan Rickelton has the odds of 4.00 to be the Jozi Stars Top Batsman. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400. BET NOW
- Quinton de Kock who single handedly turned the match in the favour of Cape Town Blitz in the last game has the odds of 3.20 in the top batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.320. BET NOW
- Quinton de Kock scored 108 off 55 balls with 10 focus and 5 sixes for CTB. His scores in the last 3 innings are 108, 31 and 74. BET NOW
- Janneman Malan was the only other batsmen to reach double digits in their last game against Tshwane Spartans scoring 34 runs. He has scored 34, 29 and 66 in his last 3 innings.
- The odds for Janneman Malan in the Cape Town Blitz Top Batsman market are set at 3.75. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.375. BET NOW
- Dale Steyn has the odds of 3.25 in the Cape Town Blitz Top Bowler market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.325. BET NOW
- Steyn has picked 5 wickets in last 3 innings.
- The betting odds for Nandre Burger in the top bowler market are set at 4.00. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400. BET NOW
- Burger picked 3 for 19 in the last match and Mohammad Nawaz picked 3 for 14 and was the top bowler for Cape Town Blitz. BET NOW
- Kagiso Rabada leads the race to be the top bowler for Jozi Stars with the odds of 3.00. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.300. BET NOW
- Rabada picked 4 for 27 in their match against Durban Heat and was the top team bowler for Jozi Stars.
- Whereas, Dwaine Pretorius was the top team bowler for Jozi Stars in their last match against NMBG picking 3 for 17 where the NMBG were all out for 92.
- The odds for Dwaine Pretorius in the Jozi Stars Top Bowler market are set at 4.33. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.433. BET NOW
Mzansi 20th Match Teams Comparison
Cape Town Blitz
Cape Town Blitz won their last match against Tshwane Spartans after the one-man show put by Quinton de Kock. The Cape Town Blitz batting line up collapsed after the 83-runs partnership for the 1st wicket and were 101-8 in the 14th over. It was Quinton de Kock’s 108-runs innings that propelled the CTB to 172 for 9 in 20 overs.
Nandre Burger and Mohammad Nawaz with their bowling figures of 3 for 19 and 3 for 14 ensured the Tshwane Spartans were all out for 112.
The Cape Town Blitz batting is deep and has players like Mohammad Nawaz and Dawid Malan batting at number 6 and 7. Asif Ali is a great striker of the ball and bats at number 5.
Though these batsmen didn’t score major runs in the last match, there presence in the team does have an advantage when it comes to scoring at a high rate in the death overs.
The last time CTB played Jozi Stars was in the 9th match at Johannesburg, the home venue for Jozi stars. Quinton de Kock, Janneman Malan both hit half centuries and Farhaan Behardien was out for 30.
CTB have played 2 matches at Cape Town so far and have won both the matches batting first. They scored 180-4 and 175-6 in these two matches, while the team chasing these totals were restricted to 131-10 and 132-6.
Watch out for Janneman Malan and Mohammad Nawaz as they have scored half centuries at this venue.
After their defeat to Tshwane Spartans in the 13th match at Centurion, Jozi Stars have made a great comeback winning 2 consecutive matches where Reeza Hendricks scored a hundred in both the matches.
The Jozi Stars failed to defend 186 against Tshwane Spartans, but have successfully defended 230 and 173 in the next two matches.
In their recent match against the NMBG, Jozi Stars scored 173-3 in 20 overs at an away venue. Kagiso Rabada’s spell of 2 for 8 was the second highlight of the match after a hundred from Reeza Hendricks.
3 of the Jozi Stars bowlers picked 2 wickets each and Dwaine Pretorius finished 3 for 17 and wrapped up the NMBG side for 92.
Rabada was very crucial against Durban Heat where he picked 4 for 24 at Johannesburg.
There is a clear improvement in the Jozi Stars bowling unit while they have been consistent with the batting performance in last 3 matches.
They have come a long way from their defeat to Cape Town Blitz in the 9th match at their home venue in Johannesburg where they were all out for 136 chasing 199.
The top order of Jozi Stars is in good form and Peter van Biljion who bats at number 6 also is a great hitter and had scored 42 off 13 balls at Centurion against Tshwane Spartans.
Our Prediction for Cape Town Blitz vs Jozi Stars
Jozi Stars will win this match.
The Cape Town venue has seen the team batting first score 175 plus scores on both occasion while the team batting second could manage 130 odd runs. The team batting first will look to use the opportunity to score most runs as both teams have their bowling units in pretty good shape to defend 170 plus score. Toss will be crucial in this match and if CTB bats first, the odds will very likely tilt in their favour. Both teams are equally tough and competitive and are enjoying a good run in this tournament.