Canterbury vs Wellington 24th Match Prediction
- Chad Bowes and S Murdoch have the betting odds of 4.33 and 4.50 in the Top Team Batsman market for Canterbury. A Rs.100 bet on Chad Bowes will return Rs.433 on winning BET NOW
- Stephen Murdoch scored 112 in the last match against Northern Knights and was the second highest scorer. His scores in last 3 matches were 112, 56, and 12
- Jack Boyle also scored a hundred at Hagley Oval, Christchurch in the last match and was the highest runs scorer for Canterbury. His scores in last 3 matches were 126, 66, and 71
- J Boyle has the odds of 5.00 in the Top Team Batsman market for Canterbury. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.500 BET NOW
- Andrew Fletcher as the odds of 4.33 in the Top Team Batsman market for Wellington. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.433 BET NOW
- A Fletcher was the highest run scorer for Wellington in last match against Central Districts scoring 100 runs
- Devon Conway has scored 2 half centuries in last 3 matches. His scores in last 3 innings were 57, 0 and 94
- The odds for D Conway in the Top Team Batsman market for Wellington are set at 5.00. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.500 BET NOW
- Another consistent batsman for Wellington is James Neesham. In the match against Otago, where Wellington fell 7 runs short of Otago’s score, James Neesham scored 100 with 8 fours and 5 sixes. He scored 67 in the match before that and was the second highest scorer
- J Neesham has the odds of 4.50 in the Top Team Batsman market for Wellington. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450 BET NOW
- Cole McConchie has the odds of 4.50 in the Top Team Bowler market for Canterbury. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450 BET NOW
- Cole McCochie has picked 4 wickets in last 3 matches, of which 2 were against Northern Knights where he picked 1 wicket in each match
- In their last match against Northern Knights, Blake Coburn and Andrew Ellis picked 2 wickets each while Henry Shipley and Will Williams were wicketless
- The odds for Henry Shipley in the top team bowler market for Canterbury are set at 4.50 and are the same for Will Williams. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450 BET NOWHamish Bennett and Malcolm Nofal picked 3 wickets each for Wellington in their last match against Central Districts. The odds for Hamish Bennet and Malcom Nofal in the Top Team Bowler market are set at 3.50 and 5.50 respectively. A Rs.100 bet on Hamish Bennett would return Rs.350 on winning BET NOW
- While Hamish Bennett has been consistent with wickets, Ollie Newton picked 5 for 46 against Otago in match no.17. O Newton has the odds of 4.00 to be the top team bowler. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400 BET NOW
Canterbury have lost last 3 matches of the Ford Trophy 2018 and with 2 wins in 7 matches are placed at the bottom of the points table.
Their last 2 matches were against Northern Knights and Canterbury lost on both occasions. In the last match, Canterbury’s batting was top-notch with 2 centurions in the innings they put up 307 runs and lost 4 wickets in 50 overs.
For the second consecutive time, Canterbury could not defend against Northern Knights and lost the match as Northern Knights chased the target in 48.2 overs with 4 wickets in hand.
Similar happened in the match previous to that where Canterbury had 3 half centuries from number 1, 2 and 3 batsmen. While their middle order and the lower order were out cheaply and didn’t contribute much to the total.
Canterbury failed to defend 251 and Northern Knights scored 254 with 3 wickets in hand.
While they have lost last 2 matches defending 251 and 307, Canterbury were all-out for 247 chasing 310 against Otago in match no.13.
Wellington are placed right at the top in the points table with 5 wins in 7 matches. Wellington successfully defended 266 runs in their last match against Central Districts at Lincoln.
Their opener Andrew Fletcher (100) and the number 3 batsman Devon Conway (57) were the major contributions in the 266-runs total.
Malcolm Nofal and Hamish Bennett were crucial with the ball as they picked the wickets at the right time. First, they dismissed their top order early in the innings and then when Ben Wheeler and Ryan McCone had a 105-runs partnership for the 8th wicket for Central Districts, Bennett and Nofal dismissed the two set batsmen and ensured a victory for Wellington.
Though Wellington lost against Otago chasing 219, the bowlers had done a remarkable job of restricting Otago to just 218 runs in 50 overs.
Ollie Newton was the top team bowler with 5 wickets which rocked the Otago ship. James Neesham has been consistent with the bat and at times of need, has scored crucial runs like the hundred against Otago.
Overall, Wellington with their flaws, is quiet ahead of Canterbury.
Our Prediction for Canterbury vs Wellington
Wellington will win this match