Canterbury Kings vs Northern Knights Prediction – Super Smash 13th Match
Northern Knights won by 2 wickets
- Date: 9th January 2019
- Time: 8:30 AM IST
- Venue: Hagley Oval, Christchurch
Canterbury Kings – 2.10 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.210 if Canterbury Kings win) BET NOW
Northern Knights – 1.60 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.160 if Northern Knights win) BET NOW
- T Latham and Chad Bowes have the odds of 3.35 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.335) and 4.25 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.425) in the top team batsman market for Canterbury Kings. BET NOW
- Cole McConchie was the top team batsman for Canterbury Kings in their last match against Wellington scoring 83 off 52 balls.
- The betting odds for Cole McConchie in the top batsman market for the Kings are set at 5.75 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.575) BET NOW
- Stephen Murdoch who was the top batsman for the Kings against Otago Volts has the odds of 5.75 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.575) in the top batsman market. BET NOW
- Daryl Mitchell was the top batsman for Northern Knights in their last match against Auckland scoring 78 runs.
- DJ Mitchell has the odds of 4.85 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.485) in the top team batsman market for Northern Knights. BET NOW
- Anton Devcich and Dean Brownlie are leading the top batsman race for Northern Knights with the odds of 3.85 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.385) and 3.95 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.395) BET NOW
- Kyle Jamieson has the odds of 3.55 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.355) in the top team bowler market for Canterbury Kings. BET NOW
- Jamieson was top team bowler with 6 wickets for 7 runs against Auckland. He finished with 1 for 37 in the last match against Wellington.
- Jeremy Benton has the odds of 4.75 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.475) in the same market for Canterbury. BET NOW
- Scott Kuggeleijn was the top team batsman for Northern Knights in their last match against Auckland with figures of 4 for 18.
- He has the odds of 4.25 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.425) in the top bowler market for Northern Knights. BET NOW
- Michale Santner picked 2 wickets in the same match for 37 runs and he has the odds of 3.95 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.395) in the same market for Northern Knights. BET NOW
Canterbury Kings vs Northern Knights Match Odds by BetRally & Betway
Canterbury Kings vs Northern Knights 13th Match Squad Comparison
Canterbury lost their last match against Wellington and now have 2 losses in 3 matches in the Super Smash 2018-19 season. The Kings could not repeat their bowling performance from their match against Auckland and gave away too many runs to the Wellington batsmen. Their star bowler from their match against Auckland, Kyle Jamieson was very expensive in the last match. The Kings had shown a similar bowling performance in their 1st match against Otago. By their recent performance it seems, they are a long way from making a comeback.
When it comes to batting, it’s down to the skipper Cole McConchie since last two matches. In the last match chasing 201, McConchie scored 83 runs and was the only batsmen in the Canterbury side to score more than 20 runs. Even in their victory over Auckland where the Kings chased down 111, their batting really struggled and were 5 down for 69. Their batting form continued in their last match against Wellington and a poor batting performance saw the Kings getting wrapped for 135.
They won their last match against Auckland and now have 3 wins in 4 matches and are place at the top in the points table. Northern Knights still have a few things to take care of in their batting. Daryl Mitchell starred with the bat scoring 78 at number 3. Neither of the opening batsmen, Devcich and Brownlie could score big and Corey Anderson who bats at number 5, was out cheaply for 4. His wicket is a huge one and given the quality player he is, he needs to step up and score big runs in the middle for the Knights if they are to continue their winnings streak.
Their bowling was top notch as the Knights defended a total of 155 and won the match by 2 runs. The Knights had scored 156 in their 2nd match against Central Stags and failed to defend it. They seem to have made quite a comeback in terms of bowling. They have picked 9 and 10 wickets in their last 2 matches which was a major reason for their last 2 wins. With Scott Kuggeleijn and Mitchell Santner in form, picking wickets in every match, the Northern Knights have and edge over the Kings whose bowling is an area of concern for their captain.
Our Prediction for Canterbury Kings vs Northern Knights
Northern Knights will win this match
Canterbury Kings have great bowlers in the side, but these players are yet to come around as a team and deliver match winning performances. On the other hand, the Knights have found the right rhythm and momentum any team would need to win T20 matches. Betting sites will be offering great odds during in play and it would be a treat for fans and punters who follow Super Smash sincerely.