Canterbury Kings vs Central Stags Prediction – Super Smash 17th Match
- Chad Bowes and Stephen Murdoch are the front runners with 4.35 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.435) and 4.45 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.445) odds in the team top batsman market for Canterbury Kings. Andrew Ellis follows with odds of 4.05 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.405) in the same market BET NOW
- William Young and George Worker lead with 4.35 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.435) odds in the top batsman market for Central Stags BET NOW
- The two are followed by skipper Tom Bruce who has the odds of 4.85 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.485) in the same market. BET NOW
- Kyle Jamieson has the odds of 4.15 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs. 415) in the top bowler market for Canterbury Kings. He is followed by Andrew Ellis with 4.35 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.435) odds in the same market. BET NOW
- Ben Wheeler leads in the top bowler market for Central Stags with odds of 3.95 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.395). BET NOW
- While Blair Tickner and Ajaz Patel follow sharing 4.15 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.415) odds in the same market. BET NOW
Super Smash 17th Match Squad Comparison
They have lost 2 of their last 3 matches and with 3 losses and 1 win, the Kings are at the bottom of the points table. The batsmen showed much improvement in their performance in the last match at Christchurch against Northern Knights. From being all out for 135 batting second in their 3rd match, the Kings bounced back to score 193-5 batting first in the next.
While Cole McConchie had been the only batsmen to score major runs in the Kings innings in previous matches, last match saw, opener Chad Bowes, and middle order batsman Andrew Ellis step to the occasion. The two put together 100 runs for the 4th wicket after the Kings were 54-3.
Even with a total of 193, the bowlers failed to defend it. They have conceded 197, batting first and 200, fielding first in last 2 matches. This venue has seen high scoring patterns in the past, and given the form Central Stags are in, Kings need to up their bowling game if they are to win.
They have 2 wins and 2 losses in 5 matches and are 3rd in the points table. Their latest win came in the last match against Otago at Napier after 2 consecutive losses. The Stags have batted first in their last 3 matches, and the last match saw their batting improve a lot. After 107-10, and 136-9, the Central Stags scored 208-7 in their last match against a strong Otago bowling attack.
Opener Will Young, number 3 batsman, Dean Foxcroft scored 43 and 56 runs while number 4 and 5 batsmen too added crucial runs to the total. Josh Clarkson’s quick and fiery innings of 27 off 7 balls was a huge contribution in the death overs. Ben Wheeler, and Blair Tickner picked wicked 6 wickets among themselves ensuring the Otago innings never took off.
Our Prediction for Canterbury Kings vs Central Stags
Central Stags are the favourites to win this match
Both teams have found the right momentum and have bounced back in their last match. Though Kings lost their previous match, their batting performances were commendable and much improved from their initial matches. The fact that Kings have been conceding runs at an haemorrhaging rate in the recent matches and given the venue, Central Stags seem slightly ahead in the race.