Brisbane Heat vs Hobart Hurricanes Prediction – Big Bash 5th Match
HUR won by 15 runs
- Date: December 22, 2018
- Time: 01:30 PM IST
- Venue: Carrara Oval, Queensland
Betting Odds for Brisbane Heat vs Hobart Hurricanes, 5th Match
- D’Arcy Short has odds of 3.00 (win INR 300 betting INR 100) to be best batsman for Hobart Hurricanes while Chris Lynn is leading with 3.25 (win INR 325 betting INR 100) for Brisbane Heat BET NOW
- Jofra Archer has odds of 3.50 (win INR 350 betting INR 100) to be Hurricanes’ best bowler while Mujeeb Ur Rahman leads for Heat with the same odds BET NOW
- For Man of the Match D’Arcy Short is leading with 7.00 (pocket INR 700 betting INR 100) followed by Chris Lynn with 7.50 (pocket INR 750 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Brisbane Heat have odds of 2.00 (stake INR 100 and win INR 200) to hit most match sixes and the odds are 2.20 (stake INR 100 and win INR 220) for Hobart Hurricanes BET NOW
- For highest first wicket partnership the odds are 1.80 (pocket INR 180 by wagering INR 100) for Heat and 2.00 (pocket INR 200 by wagering INR 100) for Hurricanes BET NOW
Big Bash 5th Match Squad Comparison
Chris Lynn would be disappointed with the loss against Adelaide Strikers in their first game of the season. They had started the game well and the batting was going good but a quick collapse in the middle order restricted them to a low score which was never going to enough. While the bowlers did well to make it tough for the Strikers they lost the game by 5 wickets. With little time to recoup Lynn will have to lift up the morale of the side before the upcoming clash against Hurricanes. One more loss would make it tough for the side for the rest of the season.
Brendon McCullum fell out cheaply but Max Bryant played a decent knock. Chris Lynn and Joe Burns also looked good during their stay at the crease but it was the lower middle order that failed the side in the last game. Sam Heazlett and Ben Cutting will need to play well along with Jimmy Peirson in the upcoming game. The bowlers impressed in the last game James Pattinson and Mitchell Swepson bowling well along with Ben Cutting and Mujeeb Ur Rahman. They would need to continue with the same form in the next game.
Matthew Wade would be leading the side in absence of regular skipper Tim Paine who is captaining the national side. Wade would be leading a good side and he would start confidently in the upcoming game. He would like the team to put behind the agony of last year’s loss in the finals and start afresh. They had a good season last time around and defeated Brisbane Heat in both the league games. Given the great record they have against their opponents Wade would be raring to go at them in the upcoming game and make a start to the season on the right note.
In D’Arcy Short and Mathew Wade they have a great opening due who would be looking to give good start to the side. George Bailey, Ben McDermott and Caleb Jewell make up for a great batting line-up in the middle. James Faulkner can also be a good hand with the bat lower down the order. In terms of their bowling attack it packs the punch with Jofra Archer and Faulkner sharing the new ball. Thomas Rogers and Johan Botha would give good support to them and look to restrict their opponents to a low score.
Our Prediction for Brisbane Heat vs Hobart Hurricanes
Brisbane Heat will win this match
Brisbane Heat didn’t start their Big Bash the way they would have liked losing to Adelaide Strikers. They would have to set things rolling in their upcoming game when they take on Hobart Hurricanes at the Carrara Oval, Queensland. It will be a high stakes match for Heat who will have to win it. Hobart Hurricanes aren’t likely to make it easy for their opponents either and have a good combination to play with. It will be a hard fought game like one we saw in the season opener and the crowds would definitely get their money’s worth.
Brisbane Heat has a better combination and they would definitely start as favourites to win the upcoming game.