Barcelona vs Atlético Madrid: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Spain’s top two go head to head in a clash that could see Barcelona take a giant leap to a 26th La Liga crown and leave Atletico Madrid under severe pressure from their city rivals.
Atletico Madrid continue to punch above their weight in Spain’s top tier, mixing it toe to toe with both Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Under Diego Simeone, Atletico gave looked calm, composed whilst possessing a serious attacking threat and it is because of that the club has won La Liga, the Copa Del Rey and the Europa League twice.
After being dumped out of the Champions League at the hands of Juventus, Atletico will feel they have much to prove whilst Barca harbour a comfortable lead at the top and may have one eye on their Champions League first leg with Manchester United.
Despite this, the home side are still favourites with popular sportsbooks to get the job done over Simone’s side, but history suggests Atletico will be well in the game.
Four of the last seven meetings between the two has resulted in a 1-1 draw including two of Atletico’s last three trips to the Camp Nou.
With Barca having one eye on the mid-week clash with Manchester United, the top prediction is to follow the trend and back another 1-1 draw to make it four in five by that scoreline between the two.
The draw with goals
This bet would have paid out in three of the last four meetings between the two with online betting sites.
Under 2.5 goals
Six of the last eight meetings between the two has seen two or fewer goals scored including the last four meetings in a row.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Unsurprisingly, the pair drew 1-1 when they met at Atletico’s Wanda Metropolitano back in November.
However, Los Rojiblancos last trip to Camp Nou ended in a narrow 1-0 defeat after Lionel Messi netted a first half winner back in March 2018.
Atletico’s last victory came on home soil back in April 2016 when Antoine Griezmann netted twice for the Simeone’s men in a memorable 2-0 win.
- Atletico Madrid have conceded fewer goals on the road this season (12) than Barcelona has conceded at home (16).
- Three of the last four meetings between the two has resulted in a 1-1 draw.
- With 44 home goals this season, Barcelona have scored 17 more than the next highest (Sevilla).
- Prior to the game with Villarreal, Barcelona are on a six-game winning streak in La Liga.
- Atletico boast the tightest defence in the league having only conceded a meagre 19 goals all season prior to the game against Girona.