Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe 3rd ODI Prediction
Ban won by 7 wickets
- Date: October 26, 2018
- Time: 09:00 AM IST
- Venue: Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
BAN vs ZIM 3rd ODI Prediction
- Zimbabwe comes to this game with 12 consecutive losses and are going through one of the worst phases in their cricketing history
- Imrul Kayes and Mushfiqur Rahim share odds of 3.75 (bet INR 100 and win INR 262) to be Bangladesh’s top batsmen while for the Zimbabwean side Brendon Taylor has odds of 3.6 (bet INR 100 and win INR 360) BET NOW
- Mustafizur Rahman is expected to be Bangladesh’s best bowler with odds of 2.75 (bet INR 100 and win INR 275) while Kyle Jarvis has odds of 3.6 (bet INR 100 and win INR 360) for Zimbabwe BET NOW
- Bangladesh’s odds of hitting maximum sixes is 1.57 (bet INR 100 and win INR 157) while that for Zimbabwe is 2.87 (bet INR 100 and win INR 278) BET NOW
- The odds of highest opening partnership for Bangladesh is 1.55 (bet INR 100 and win INR 161) and Zimbabwe has odds of 2.30 (win INR 230 by betting INR 100) BET NOW
Mashrafe Mortaza would be extremely happy with the way in which his boys have gone about the business in the two ODIs played so far and taking an unassailable 2-0 lead in the 3-Match Series. They were expected to win this series and they have done it in style. There were some hiccups with their batting in the first game but they chased down the mediocre total of 246 with relative ease in the last game with 6 overs to spare. With only one game to go before the start of the Test Series Mortaza would like his men to go for the kill and keep the momentum ahead of the Test matches.
Imrul Kayes along with his opening partner Liton Das is in great for especially the former who has grabbed the opportunity in Tamim Iqbal’s absence with both hands. He is middling the ball well in this series. Fazle Mahmud playing his second game missed out again but the experienced pair of Mushfiqur Rahim and Mohammad Mithun sealed the game. With Mahmudullah and Mehidy Hasan in the finisher’s role Bangladesh bat deep and would capitalize on the opportunity. Their bowlers have fared well in the series with Mustafizur Rahman and Mohammad Saifuddin in great form. Mortaza is little short on form but with Mehidy Hasan and Nazmul Islam bowling well the team would fancy its chances to win the next game.
Hamilton Masakadza perhaps has little clue on how to inspire his men to win a game of cricket. They have lost too many in the last few months and it seems to have created some issue in the mind-set of the players. The openers are failing to offer the kind of start that the team needs to set up huge scores in the sub-continent. The bowlers are bowling well in the two games but it just isn’t enough given the below-par batting performance from their side. Masakadza would have to instil some pride in his men and hope they can win the next game and restore some of their lost pride.
Batting is failing the side and skipper himself is failing the side at the top not converting his starts to big scores. His opening partner Cephas Zhuwao has also failed to get big scores. The middle order is doing well with Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams and Sikander Raza being among the runs. If the top order fires for Zimbabwe we should have a great game on our hands. The bowling for the side has fared better than the batting in the recent months. Tendai Chatara and Kyle Jarvis are both looking impressive. If Donald Tiripano and Raza support them well they can come close to winning the dead rubber.
Given Zimbabwe’s form in the last two games Bangladesh without any doubt shall start as favourites in this game and look to whitewash the visitors 3-0.
Our Prediction for Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe
Bangladesh is favourites to win 3rd ODI
Twelve consecutive losses isn’t something that a side would be proud about but Zimbabwe cricket is spiralling down with every game they play. While the side did relatively well in both the ODIs played so far in the series compared to their performance in South Africa but the Bangladeshi side they are up against is too good to defeat in these conditions. There is some bit of confidence issue in the visitor’s camp who are going from one loss to another. With only pride to play for and having assessed the conditions the Zimbabwean will hope to put up strong fight in the series and end their losing streak.