Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe 1st Test Prediction
Zim won by 151 runs
- Date: November 03 – November 07, 2018
- Time: 09:00 AM IST
- Venue:Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet
Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe 1st Test Prediction
Bangladesh – 1.20 bet INR 100 and win INR 120 if Bangladesh wins BET NOW
Zimbabwe – 11.00 bet INR 100 and win INR 1100 if Zimbabwe wins BET NOW
Draw – 7.00 bet INR 100 and win INR 700 if there is a draw BET NOW
- Zimbabwe has lost eleven out of their last twelve Test Matches and managed to draw one game.
- Mustafizur Rahman had odds of 4.00 (bet INR 100 and win INR 400) to be best 1st innings bowler for Bangladesh while on the Zimbabwean side it is Kyle Jarvis who has odds of 3.75 (bet INR 100 and win INR 375) BET NOW
- Mominul Haque is expected to be Bangladesh’s best batsmen in 1st innings with odds of 4.50 (bet INR 100 and win INR 450) while on the Zimbabwean side it is expected to be Brendon Taylor having 3.75 odds (bet INR 100 and win INR 375) BET NOW
- The odds of first innings lead is 1.12 (wager INR 100 and win INR 112) for Bangladesh and 6.50 for Zimbabwe (wager INR 100 and win INR 650) BET NOW
- For highest opening partnership in the first innings odds are 1.50 (bet INR 100 and win INR 150) for Bangladesh and 2.62 for Zimbabwe (bet INR 100 and win INR 262) BET NOW
Mahmudullah the Bangladesh skipper would go into this Test Match as a leader of confident men. Over the last few years they have given the best of teams run for their money in home conditions and in terms of skills and temperament Zimbabweans are nowhere close to what the hosts have faced in the last two years. The absence of Tamil Iqbal and Shakib-al-Hasan is something that is irreplaceable but their replacements have lived up to the expectations. The real challenge for Mahmudullah would be to ensure that his side isn’t complacent going into this Test Match and plays the brand of cricket they have played against formidable opposition in the last few years at home.
Openers Imrul Kayes and Liton Das are in great form at the top of the batting order which is good news for the side. Mominul Haque has been great at No. 3 for quite some time now. Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah and Nazmul Hossain Shanto make a formidable middle order even though Shakib’s experience is something that can’t be replaced. In these conditions Bangladeshis have a threatening bowling attack with Mustafizur Rahman and Abu Jayed with the new ball. Spinners Mehidy Hassan, Taijul Islam and Nazmul Islam would be eager to fox the Zimbabwean batting line-up with their variety. The side has the bowling prowess to take 20 wickets and win this Test Match.
It isn’t easy being in the shoes of Zimbabwean skipper Hamilton Masakadza who is leading the side through one of its worst phases. They last won a Test Match back in Sep 2013 and have lost the last 17 international games they have been part of. It would be an understatement to say that the team is demoralized. It is short of quality skills in most departments and the quality of cricket in Zimbabwe has dropped in the last decade or so which is shown its effect on the performance of the national side. Given all that is at stake the skipper would hope his side puts up a decent fight and holds its head high during the game.
Zimbabwe’s batting is shaky and more so in Test Matches. Masakadza will have to deliver goods opening the batting. The middle order trio of Craig Ervine, Brendan Taylor and Sean Williams will need to play with responsibility against Bangladesh’s formidable spin attack if the team has to do well as the pitch is expected to be a rank turner. Kyle Jarvis and Tendai Chatara have to pick early wickets with the new ball being the best among Zimbabwean bowlers. They will need to lay the perfect platform for Brandon Mavuta, Wellington Masakadza and Sikander Raza to exploit the conditions and check the flow of runs from the opposition batting line up that has gained strength in the recent years.
All said and done, Bangladesh know the conditions and have proved their form and strength in the ODI series and shall definitely start as favourites to win this Test Match.
Our Prediction for Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe
Bangladesh is favourites to win 1st Test Match
The first leg of Zimbabwe’s tour of Bangladesh is over and as expected the side was whitewashed in the 3-Match ODI series. Though they played well in bits and pieces in the last two games the Bangladeshi turned out to be too good in home conditions winning all the games comprehensively. Now as the action moves to Sylhet International Cricket Stadium for the 1st Test Match it would be interesting to see how the visitors fare against Bangladesh’s spin web. The hosts would start as overwhelming favourites while the visitors would look for a change in their fortune in this upcoming game.