Bangladesh vs West Indies 1st T20 Prediction
West Indies won by 8 wickets
- Date: December 17, 2018
- Time: 01:30 PM IST
- Venue: Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet
Betting Odds for Bangladesh vs West Indies 1st T20 Match
Bangladesh – 1.66 wager INR 100 and win INR 166 if Bangladesh wins BET NOW
West Indies – 2.10 wager INR 100 and win INR 210 if West Indies win BET NOW
- West Indies have lost the last two T20 games they have played against Bangladesh
- Tamim Iqbal has odds of 3.60 bet INR 100 and pocket INR 360 to be best performer with the bat for Bangladesh and Shimron Hetmyer is leading for the West Indian side with 4.00 bet INR 100 and pocket INR 400 BET NOW
- For best performer with the ball Mustafizur Rahman leads for Bangladesh with 3.50 stake INR 100 and win INR 350 and Oshane Thomas for West Indies with 4.00 stake INR 100 and grab INR 400 odds BET NOW
- Shakib Al Hasan and Evin Lewis share odds of 9.00 stake INR 100 and win INR 900 for Man of the Match award BET NOW
- For most sixes market West Indies have odds of 1.70 bet INR 100 and cash INR 170 and Bangladesh have 2.50 bet INR 100 and cash INR 250 BET NOW
Shakib Al Hasan back as skipper for the T20s would know that his side doesn’t need to do anything special to win the upcoming game. Though they have won only 4 out of the 13 games they have played this year all they need to do is stick to their plans and wait for the visitors to make mistakes like they have done during this tour. Shakib would also take heart from the fact that they won the last T20 series they played against the West Indies earlier in the year. With most of the players in form the Bangladeshis would go into this game with great amount of confidence.
Tamim Iqbal is in good form and this always makes Bangladesh a difficult side to beat. His opening partner Liton Das also seems to have regained some confidence. Soumya Sarkar had a great outing with the bat in last ODI and this will make the side happy. With Mushfiqur Rahim and Hassan in the middle order and Mahmudullah lower down the side has great depth in its batting. In the bowling department too they have a pretty strong attack with Mustafizur Rahman and Rubel Hossain making good use of the new ball. Mehidy Hasan and Shakib Al Hasan will look to trouble the visitors with their variations.
Carlos Brathwaite has a difficult job on his hands when he takes the field leading a highly demoralized side in the 1st T20. The manner in which they lost the ODI series would be difficult for the side to come out from immediately. While he has a bunch of talent players in the squad to choose from it would be a test of captaincy for him to inspire his men to perform. They lost the last T20 series in India 3-0 and recent form in Bangladesh doesn’t sound encouraging. A win in the first game would do a world of good to the side’s confidence something that he would aspire for.
Shai Hope is in great form with two back to back hundreds and Evin Lewis’ return makes the opening combination strong. The two need to give the team a good start in the upcoming game. Shimron Hetmyer performance in Bangladesh is worrying but the middle order is good with Darren Bravo, Denesh Ramdin and Nicholas Pooran all having the ability to play shots. Brathwaite at the end makes it a good line-up. In the bowling department Oshane Thomas and Keemo Paul would need to pick wickets early. Khary Pierre and Fabian Allen need to back them up well along with Brathwaite for the side to put up a stiff challenge for Bangladesh.
Our Prediction for Bangladesh vs West India
Bangladesh being a consistent team and playing in their home conditions would start as favourites to win the 1st T20 international.