Bangladesh vs West Indies 1st ODI Prediction and Betting Tips
Bangladesh won by 5 wickets
- Date: 9th December 2018
- Time: 1:30 PM IST
- Venue: Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
Bangladesh vs West Indies 1st ODI Betting Odds
- Tamim Iqbal has the odds of 4.00 in the Top Team Batsman market for Bangladesh. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400. BET NOW
- Tamim Iqbal is set to make a return to ODI cricket after recovering from a wrist injury that he suffered in the Asia Cup 2018.
- T Iqbal had played 9 ODI innings in 2018 at an average of 90.17 and scored 4 half centuries and 2 hundreds. 2 of these hundreds and 1 fifty came against West Indies early this year in July.
- Litton Das and Imrul Kayes have the odds of 4.50 each in the Top Team Batsman market for Bangladesh. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450. BET NOW
- Imrul Kayes has played 6 innings in 2018 and scored 432 runs averaging 86.40 with 2 half centuries and 2 hundreds. His last appearance at this venue was against Zimbabwe in October where he scored 144 runs.
- Evin Lewis has the odds of 4.00 in the Top Team Batsman market for West Indies. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400. BET NOW
- Evin Lewis averages 27.40 in the 10 innings he’s played in this year with 2 half centuries at the Harare Sports Club in March this year. His last 3 appearances were against Bangladesh where he scored 17, 12 and 13.
- He was dismissed by Mashrafe Mortaza on all 3 occasions.
- Shai Hope has the odds of 4.50 in the Top Team Batsman market for West Indies. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450. BET NOW
- S Hope has scored 578 runs in 15 innings averaging 48.17 this year. His last series was against India in October where he scored 123 not out and 95 in 2nd and 3rd match. Hope was out for 0 in the last 2 matches of the series.
- Chandrapaul Hemraj is a new comer in the West Indies side and has played only 4 ODIs this year on the tour to India where he scored 70 runs at an average of 17.50.
- The odds for C Hemraj in the Top Team Batsman market are set at 4.50. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450. BET NOW
- Shakib Al Hasan will be making a comeback in the Bangladesh side after the Asia Cup. He has the odds of 4.50 in the Top Team Bowler market for Bangladesh. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450. BET NOW
- He played 5 matches at the Shere Bangla National Stadium in January this year, and picked 9 wickets at an average of 17.11 and an economy rate of 4.67.
BAN vs WI 1st ODI Squads Comparison
Bangladesh have the momentum with them after a series win against West Indies. Their last ODI series was against Zimbabwe at home which they won 3-0 comprehensively. Their top order has been in a great touch with hundreds from Imrul Kayes, and Soumya Sarkar at the top in the 3rd ODI against Zimbabwe chasing 288 successfully.
Bangladesh won the 2nd and 3rd ODI against Zimbabwe chasing with 7 wickets in hand on both occasions. It was Liton Das and Imrul Kayes who scripted their victory in the 2nd ODI.
Imrul Kayes was also the star of their 1st ODI scoring 144, while Mehidy Hasan Miraz and Nazmul Islam shined with the ball picking 3 and 2 wickets.
Bangladesh had defeated West Indies in the BAN vs WI ODI series on their tour of Windies in July this year by 2-1. It was their top order again that scored most runs for them and Mashrafe Mortaza doing the trick with the ball.
The economy rates of the Bangladesh bowlers have been good enough to defend the total put by their batsman, while the batting averages of their top batsmen have been great as to chase down a total successfully.
While West Indies have a few good players in the side, it is their inexperience that will likely cost them this match. They came out hard against India in ODI series in October this year and scored heavily against the Indian bowling attack in first 3 ODIs.
Though the West Indies batsmen scored 300 plus in the 1st ODI, it was easily chased down by India with 8 wickets in hand. The 2nd and 3rd ODI saw West Indies make a strong comeback as they tied the 2nd ODI chasing 322, and won the 3rd ODI by 43 runs defending 283.
In the last 2 ODIs of the series Windies were outplayed by the Indian team, where in the 4th ODI West Indies were all out for 153 chasing 378, and all out for 104 batting first in the last ODI.
West Indies will be playing Bangladesh a side which has experienced and young players both in great form and with a winning momentum going by their side.
Prediction for Bangladesh vs West Indies 1st ODI
Bangladesh will win this match.