Balkh Legends vs Kandahar Knights Prediction – APL Match No19
Balkh Legends won by 6 wickets
- Date: 18th October 2018
- Time: 05:30 PM IST
- Venue: Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Balkh vs Kandahar Betting Odds
- Asghar Afghan has been the top team batsman for Kandahar Knights for last two matches with a score of 74 in the last match where the Knights successfully chased 168 runs against Paktia Panthers.
- Asghar Afghan has the odds of 5.50 in the Top Team Batsman market. If you bet Rs.100 you will get Rs.550 on winning the bet. BET NOW
- Watch out for Najibullah Zadran (7.50) and N Jamal (7.50) as these two could play good innings in the middle and if Asghar Afghan is dismissed early, these two are in the reach to be Top Team Batsman. If you bet Rs. 100 on Najibullah Zadran you will get Rs.750 on winning the bet. BET NOW
- Qais Ahmad (5.50) is a strong contender in the race to be the Top Team Bowler. If you bet Rs.100 on Qais Ahmed you will get Rs.550 if Qais Ahmad is the top team bowler for Balkh Legends.
- Qais Ahmad picked 3 wickets in the last match where the Balkh Legends were defending 133 against Nangarhar Leopards. BET NOW
- Mohmmad Nabi (4.00), Aftab Alam (4.33) and Ravi Bopara (5.00) have also been the top performers in previous matches for Balkh Legends. BET NOW
- In our Paktia Panthers vs Kandahar Knights prediction we had suggested that Paul Stirling and B McCullum were less likely to score a half century and showed the odds offered in the Batsman to Score a Fifty in the Match market.
- In this match, the odds for P Stirling Yes in the above said market are set at 4.33 and P Stirling No has the odds of 1.20. If you bet Rs.100 on P Stirling No you will get Rs.120 on winning the bet. BET NOW
Teams Insights – APL Match No 19
Here is an insight into the current form of both the teams. We look into the recent performances and analyze for consistency in an individual player’s performances, partnerships, fall of wickets and how it affects the end result to help punters make better predictions in in-play betting.
Balkh Legends after scoring 244 runs in the match no 14 against Kabul Zwanan disappointed the fans with their performance in the next match against the Nangarhar Leopards where they scored a meagre 133-7 batting first.
R Bopara and Ryan ten Doescharte were back into the side and Chris Gayle was rested giving Colin Munro the opportunity to open the innings with E Munaweera.
The opening duo of Munaweera (1) and Munro (9) didn’t work for Balk Legends and it was Darwish Rasooli (27), R ten Doeschate (23) and Bopara (35) who had the scores of above 20 in the Balkh innings.
The last time Balkh Legends were 7 wickets down against Nangarhar Leopards was in match no 9 when Balkh scored 143-7 batting first.
It was McClenaghan and Mujeeb Ur Rahman who picked 2 wickets along with Ben Cutting and Zahir Khan who picked 1 wicket each.
In getting the Balkh Legends to 133-7, it was the bowling effort by Naveen-ul-Haq, Fazal Niazai and Zahir Khan all of whom picked 2 wickets each.
Kandahar Knights surprised everyone with their successful chase against Paktia Panthers in their last match where they won off the last ball of the match.
This was their 2nd win of this season of APL and 1st win chasing against any team in the Afghanistan Premier League 2018. They had chased 3 times before their match against Paktia Panthers and lost on all occasions.
Asghar Afghan as in every match before played a fantastic innings at the top scoring 74 off 42 with 5 fours and 6 sixes. Kandahar needed 11 off the last over and Kandahar lost Ricki Wessels on the 1st delivery.
Karim Janat and Karim Sadiq hit a four off the 3rd and 5th ball respectively making it 1 needed from 1 ball and winning the match comfortably.
Previously Kandahar were all out for 118 chasing 128 against Paktia, but this time around, Kandahar’s captain came all guns blazing and their lower order batsmen put the finishing touch elegantly to end up on the winning side after a long time.
Our Prediction for Balkh Legends vs Kandahar Knights
Balkh Legends are the favorites to win this match.
After Balkh Legends’ defeat to Nangarhar Leopards defending 133 and Kandahar Knights’ victory over Paktia Panthers chasing 168, the Kandahar Knights seem a strong contender. Though Kandahar’s bowling is in top-notch as before and have successfully chased a target for the first time, their batting is still very much dependent on one man- Asghar Afghan.
One thing to be noticed about last few matches is that no team whether the mighty Balkh Legends or the Paktia Panthers were able to defend a total they had defended earlier in the tournament.
This has made the toss an important factor yet again. If the pitch has dew later in the night the team chasing will have an advantage as seen in the match no 17 and 18.