Australia vs South Africa 2nd ODI Prediction
Aus won by 7 runs
Find the Australia vs South Africa T20 prediction here.
- Date: November 09, 2018
- Time: 08:50 AM IST
- Venue: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
AUS vs SA 2nd ODI Betting Odds
- Australia comes to this game after suffering seven consecutive losses the worst in their cricketing history.
- For most match sizes Australians have odds of 1.90 (put INR 100 and win INR 190) and South Africans have odds of 2.25 (put INR 100 and win INR 225) BET NOW
- There are odds of 3.25 (win INR 325 betting INR 100) on Mitchell Starc for being Australia’s best bowler while for South Africa it is Imran Tahir with odds of 3.60 (win INR 360 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Aaron Finch leads the market for being best batsmen for Australia with odds of 4.00 (win INR 400 betting INR 100) and on the South African side it is Quinton de Kock with 3.75 (win INR 375 betting INR 100) odds. BET NOW
- For Man of the Match Aaron Finch is the leader with odds of 9.00 (bet INR 100 and pocket INR 900) followed by Quinton de Kock and Mitchell Starc sharing odds of 10.00 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 1000) BET NOW
When was the last time an Australian captain went to toss having seven consecutive losses behind him? The answer is never. It isn’t easy being in skipper Aaron Finch’s shoes these days. The ball tampering controversy in South Africa earlier this year seems to be affecting the morale of the side. Finch would hope his side gets over the shock defeat in the last game where the batting was disastrous to say the least and puts up healthy score while batting. He has to inspire confidence in his side to win and play the Australian way. It isn’t going to be easy but with the crowds behind them they are going to put up a formidable challenge for the South Africans in the next game.
At the top Aaron Finch and Travis Head have to lay the perfect platform for others to capitalize on and not repeat mistakes of the last game. In the middle order Chris Lynn, wicket keeper Alex Carey who was the only bright spot in the last game have to play long innings and let the likes of Glenn Maxwell and Marcus Stoinis to finish things in style. While the bowling was good in the last game Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins have to pick early wickets and let Marcus Stoinis and Nathan Coulter-Nile have it easy through the middle overs. The team has to fire as a unit if they are to win the upcoming game.
Faf du Plessis would surely be upbeat about the performance of his side in the first game. Not too many opponents toy around with the Australians in their backyard like the South Africans did in the last game. Bowling was superb but in the batting department there is room for improvement given the fact that the side lost five wickets chasing a small total after having a good start from the openers. du Plessis would know that the Australians would come up with a better show in the next game and he wouldn’t like complacency to creep into the side. A series win is at hand in the next game and he would like to win this one at Adelaide.
Reeza Hendricks and Quinton de Kock gave the perfect start to the side in the last game and would look to do the same in the upcoming match. With Aiden Markram, du Plessis, David Miller and Heinrich Klaasen to follow the side have a great batting line-up. While they saw quick fall of wickets in the middle they would like to make amends in the next game. It was an incredible bowling show from the veteran Dale Steyn in the last game. He along with Kagiso Rabada and Lungi Ngidi will look to pick early wickets in the next one as well. This will give Imran Tahir and Andile Phehlukwayo to contain the flow of runs in the middle overs and tie the Australians down.
While South Africans may have won the last game easily the Australian side will come hard and given the stakes in the series the home side is favourites to win this one and level the series.
Our Prediction for Australia vs South Africa 2nd ODI
Australia will win the 2nd ODI
Australian cricket is going through one of the toughest phases in recent memory. It is hard to recall the last time the side found itself in such a situation when even in its own backyard the team doesn’t start as outright favourites. The manner in which they lost the first ODI at Perth would have dented spirits at the Australian camp. Minus two of its best batsmen who are serving bans the side looks rudderless. But the team which raises the bar high when it comes to fighting spirit is expected to come hard at the South Africans in the second ODI at Adelaide Oval with the series at stake. This will surely make it a thrilling encounter.