Auckland vs Otago 19th Match Prediction
- Sean Solia has the odds of 4.00 in the Top Team Batsman market for Auckland. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400 if Sean Solia becomes Top Team Batsman BET NOW
- Sean Solia hasn’t been in a great form recently. His scores in last 3 innings were 17, 22, and 17
- Craig Cachopa had hit a hundred against Canterbury in match no.12 at Auckland. He scored 21 and 13 in the next two matches. The odds for Craig Cachopa in the Top Team Batsman market are set at 5.00. Bet Rs.100 to win Rs.500 BET NOW
- Michael Barry is another contender in the Auckland batting lineup to be the top team batsman and the odds for him in the same market are set at 5.00. A Rs.100 bet would return Rs.500 on winning BET NOW
- Hamish Rutherford of Otago has the odds of 3.25 in the Top Team Batsman market. A Rs.100 bet would return Rs.325 on winning BET NOW
- Otago batsmen have put some good batting performances in recent matches and H Rutherford recently scored 154 runs against Canterbury in match no.13
- Another batsman with a half century in recent matches is Neil Broom. N Broom scored 45 in the match no.17 against Wellington and 68 runs against Central Districts in match no.11 where he was also the top team batsman
- Neil Broom has the odds of 5.00 in the Top Team Batsman market for Otago. Bet Rs.100 and get Rs.500 on winning BET NOW
- Anaru Kitchen was the second highest scorer in 2 off the last 3 matches with scores of 53 and 42. He has the odds of 7.50 in the Top Team Batsman market for Otago. Bet Rs.100 to get Rs.750 on winning BET NOW
- Jacob Duffy has the odds of 4.00 in the Top Team Bowler market for Otago. Bet Rs.100 to win Rs.400 BET NOW
- J Duffy picked 5 wickets for 38 runs against Wellington in the last match and was the top team bowler
- While Matthew Bacon has picked wickets consistently in last 3 matches. He has picked 3 wickets in each of the last 3 matches at an economy of under 6 runs per over
- The odds for Matthew Bacon in the Top Team Bowler market for Otago are set at 5.00. A Rs.100 bet would return Rs.500 on winning BET NOW
Auckland has won 3 and lost matches so far in the Ford Trophy 2018. 2 of the 3 losses have come in their last 2 consecutive matches.
Auckland’s batting performance was below average par in the last match at their home venue against Central Districts where they were all-out for 125 chasing a target of 296 runs. There was not a single 50-runs partnership in their innings.
This was just after their 120-runs loss to Wellington where the Auckland team was all-out for 158 runs chasing 279. In both these matches Auckland were 6 wickets down for 74 runs as their middle order collapsed.
Their last win was against Canterbury at Auckland where they won by 3 runs defending 270. The middle order consisting of the skipper Craig Cachopa, William O Donnell, Graeme Beghin, and Ben Home scored 106, 48, 32 (not out), and 9 (not out) respectively.
Whereas in the next 2 matches after that win, these batsmen had the scores of 21, 0, 0, 17 and 13, 7, 5, 4. A clear deterioration in the middle order has cost Auckland last 2 matches and they have fell short of the target by more than 100 runs.
Otago has won last 3 consecutive matches and now have 4 wins in 6 matches in the Ford Trophy 2018 so far.
Otago defeated Wellington in their last match defending a very low total which Wellington seemed well within reach of during their chase. Though the Wellington team were ahead in term of the run rate in their chase, Otago bowlers picked wickets regularly leaving James Neesham alone in Wellington’s chase with his 100 which was in vain as Wellington were all out for 211 and lost to Otago by 7 runs.
The only way to win that match against Wellington was to pick 10 wickets as the target was set low at 219 runs.
Michael Rippon, Matthew Bacon and captain Jacob Duffy are incremental in breaking partnerships and giving Otago a breakthrough when the team needs it the most.
Otago will be drawing great momentum from their win over Wellington and look to continue their winning streak against Auckland who are struggling with their batting.
Our Prediction for Auckland vs Otago
Otago will win this match