Auckland vs Central Districts 16th Match Prediction
- Sean Solia has the odds of 2.87 in the Auckland Top Batsman market on Betway sports. Bet Rs.100 to win Rs.287 BET NOW
- Sean Solia has scored 22 and 17 in his last 2 innings. While he was out for 22 in the last match at Wellington, he scored 17 at Auckland against Canterbury in match no.12 of the Ford Trophy 2018
- In Auckland’s last match at this venue, Craig Cachopa scored 106 runs and was the top team batsman. The odds for Craig Cachopa in the Auckland Top Batsman market are set at 4.33. Bet Rs.100 to win Rs.433 BET NOW
- The betting odds are higher for the batsman lower down the order than those for a top order batsman
- William Somerville the number 8 batsman for Auckland was the top team batsman in the last match against Wellington. He came in to bat when Auckland were 74-6 and scored 50 runs off 60 balls
- The odds for William Somerville in the Auckland Top Batsman market are set at 26.00. A Rs.100 bet would return Rs.2600 on winning BET NOW
- Greg Hay of Central Districts who scored 46 in his last innings against Northern Knights has the odds of 3.60 in the Central Districts Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.360 BET NOW
- Greg Hay was out for 4 in the match prior to that where Central Districts lost to Otago at Dunedin
- In the same match, Josh Clarkson was the top batsman for Central Districts scoring 64 runs. Josh Clarkson had the highest strike rate in the last match against Northern Knights where he scored 43 runs at a strike rate of 116.22 with 3 fours and 2 sixes
- Josh Clarkson has the odds of 5.00 in the Central Districts Top Batsman Market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.500 BET NOW
- Other than these two, another batsman whose innings should not be forgotten is Dean Foxcroft, the number 4 batsman for Central Districts stayed unbeaten on 120 in match no.15 against Northern Knights
- The odds for Dean Foxcroft in the Top Batsman market are set at 5.00. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.500 BET NOW
- The Auckland Fall of 1st Wicket market has the odds of 1.83 for both Over and Under 29.5 runs selections
- While the odds are same at 1.83 for Over and Under 28.5 runs selections in the Central Districts Fall of 1st Wicket market
- Auckland’s fall of 1st wicket in last 2 matches was on 14 and 0, while Central Districts’ fall of 1st wicket was on 4 and 23
Auckland has won 3 of the 3 matches played at Eden Park, Auckland. They have defeated Northern Knights, Wellington and Canterbury at this venue. While in their win against Northern Knights, Auckland had successfully chased 271 with 2 wickets remaining in the last over, their other 2 wins at this venue had them defending 276 and 270 successfully.
With this record at their home ground, Auckland is a strong contender to win this match.
Auckland have their share of problems in the batting department while chasing at an away venue. They lost their last match against Wellington where they were chasing 279 and were all-out for 158. Lack of partnerships at the top and two middle order batsmen out for 0, their chase was far from competitive. William Somerville stood out with his 50 off 60 balls batting at number 8 and shows the depth in batting that Auckland has, which can be an advantage at their home venue against Central Districts.
Central Districts are at the bottom of the table with just 1 win from 5 matches and 3 losses. Their 1st win came in the 1st match of the Ford Trophy 2018 season which was against Otago. Ever since then, they have lost to Canterbury, Otago, and Northern Knights.
Of the 3 losses the only time Central Districts batted first was against Canterbury at New Plymouth and were all-out for 163. In the other 2 losses, the highlights of Canterbury’s chase, was the hundred from Dean Foxcroft against Northern Knights chasing 314 runs. Foxcroft remained unbeaten on 120 as Central Districts fell 26 runs short of the target.
While in the chase against Otago, Josh Clarkson (64) and Doug Bracewell (35) were the only batsmen with significant contributions. While Josh Clarkson built a 53-runs partnership with Dean Foxcroft for the 4th wicket, him and Doug Bracewell together put 63 runs for the 5th wicket.
It was second consecutive 50+ runs partnerships between Josh Clarkson and Dean Foxcroft and second consecutive loss for the Central Districts in this Ford Trophy.
The reason being the dependency on a few key players to perform in every match.
Our Prediction for Auckland vs Central Districts
Auckland is the likely winner in this match