Atlético vs Dortmund: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Wednesday, November 7th, 2018, 01:30 am
Estadio Metropolitano Madrid
Atlético 2 – 0 Dortmund
Dortmund can all but guarantee top spot in Group A with a win, while the home side will be eager for revenge in this eye-catching Champions League group game.
Borussia Dortmund are on something of a goal scoring spree at the minute as well as showing solidarity at the back.
Lucien Favre’s German side are yet to concede a goal in the tournament group stage and after hammering Atleti 4-0 in the reverse fixture, travel to the Wanda Metropolitano full of brazen confidence (and rightly so).
Diego Simeone’s Los Rojiblancos were well off their game in the hotly atmospheric Westfalenstadion but on home soil will present a different task completely for the Germans.
That defeat in Germany was Atletico’s record equalling European loss but there will be no case of lightening striking twice on Tuesday night.
However, do expect the goals to continue as Dortmund’s goal scoring prowess is clear to see while Atletico Madrid have won their last six home matches in European competition.
Expect a fast-starting game full of intensity with an entertaining 2-2 draw to keep both sides relatively happy and both on course for the knockout rounds.
- Over 2.5 goals 1.90 – BET NOW
Only Barcelona and PSG have scored more goals than Borussia Dortmund in the group stages so far while Atletico are hardly shy in front of goal putting three past Club Brugge at the Wanda in matchday two.
- The draw and both teams to score 4.75 – BET NOW
The pair’s goal scoring exploits have been well covered making both teams to score an inevitability (as a standalone bet you can get that at 4/5) but then to back the draw equally makes sense as Dortmund need just a point to guarantee progression and that result will also all but see the Spaniards through.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
The two sides have met five times in European competition and of course Dortmund got the better of Atletico in their last meeting on match day three inflicting a record equalling European loss on Simeone’s men with that 4-0 dismantling.
However, The Spaniards are on an eight-game unbeaten run on home soil against German clubs which stretches all the way back to 1996/97 Champions League when Dortmund were the last German side to win a game on Atletico soil with a 1-0 win.
- Atletico have won their last six European home games and have conceded just once (against Club Brugge in match day two).
- Borussia Dortmund inflicted Atleti’s record equalling European defeat in match day three winning 4-0 at the Westfalenstadion.
- If Club Brugge and Monaco draw, Dortmund will be guaranteed a place in the knockout rounds even if they lose.
- Dortmund have won only one of their last seven European away fixtures.
- Borussia Dortmund and Juventus are the only two sides yet to concede a goal in the group stages.