Atlético Madrid vs Barcelona: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Saturday, November 25th, 2018, 1:15 AM
Atlético 1 – 1 Barcelona
La Liga action returns following the International break with a blockbuster encounter as last season’s top two thrash it out at Atletico’s home ground the Wanda Metropolitano.
Aside from El Clasico, it is harder to pick a more enticing La Liga fixture.
This season is shaping up to be one of the most open races with have seen for years with both heavyweights – Real Madrid and Barcelona – slipping up.
So, who better placed than Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid chargers and the side who have proven they are more than capable of claiming silverware?
The result of this fixture much depends on whether or not the international break came at a good time for Barcelona after suffering their first league home defeat in just over two years, thanks to Real Betis striking four at the Camp Nou.
Ernesto Valverde’s men have not taken to the pitch since that shock defeat whereas Atletico’s form had been impressive prior to the break. They are unbeaten in their last five games in all competitions.
However, Atletico’s record against Barcelona is poor having not claimed a victory over their rivals in the league since 2010, but there have been two 1-1 draws in the pairs last four league meetings.
With Barcelona slightly off the boil and Atletico eager to avoid defeat, a third 1-1 in five meetings is the football prediction for this game at fortress Wanda.
- A score draw 3.30 – BET NOW
Only two of the last nine meetings between the two has failed to see both teams score during the match with 33% of those games resulting in a score draw.
- 0-0 at halftime 2.10 – BET NOW
Remarkably, both Atletico and Barcelona have been slow starters of late and that is good news for the punter.
Only one of Atletico’s last six goals have been scored in the first half whilst only one of Barcelona’s last eight goals have come in the first half.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
The recent head to head’s does not make pleasant reading for Atletico Madrid fans as no win in their last sixteen La Liga games against Barca can testify.
However, in their one and only meeting at the Wanda the two have contested so far, a substandard 1-1 was played out.
Barcelona did win the return leg in March this year 1-0 and boast a far superior record overall having won 50% of all the games they have played against their Madrid rivals.
- Atletico are seeking their first league win over Barcelona since February 2010.
- Barcelona’s defeat last time out to Real Betis was the first time they had lost a league game at home for just over two years.
- Atletico Madrid boast the best defence in the league so far this season having conceded just eight times.
- Barcelona have scored and incredible 18 goals more than Atletico Madrid this season who have managed only 16.
- An Atletico Madrid win would see Simeone’s men leapfrog Barcelona in the table with only Sevilla able to deny them top spot with a win.