Arsenal vs Watford: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – Premier League
Saturday, September 29, 2018, 8:30 PM
Emirates Stadium, London
Arsenal 2 – 0 Watford
After two successive defeats at the start of the season there was talk of a crisis at Arsenal. But four back-to-back victories have seen the club surge up the league and have a renewed sense of belief in their play that was not evident back in August.
Troy Deeney played with three broken toes in Watford’s draw away at Fulham – and was on the end of a crunching challenge from Timothy Fosu-Mensah towards the end of the match that had made the talismanic striker a doubt for this game. But it now looks like the Hornets captain will start.
Unai Emery doesn’t seem to have quite as much faith in Alexandre Lacazette as he does his strike partner Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, only starting the Frenchman three times in the league so far. But he still has as many Premier League goals as the Gabon international.
Watford have scored in every single game they have played this season – even in the defeat to Manchester United and the recent draw at Fulham. Argentinian midfielder Roberto Pereyra is the top goal scorer with three but there have been a number of different players on the score sheet. But Arsenal must be fancied to win this one at home – 2-1 could be the final result.
- Aubameyang to score first 23.00 BET NOW
Arsenal have finally kick started their season with four wins on the trot and Aubameyang is looking deadly up front – expect the pacy striker to get the first goal in this one.
- Both teams to score 1.53 BET NOW
A home victory seems likely but Watford have still been able to score goals even when they have not played as well as they did at the start of the season. Troy Deeney in particular is a huge presence for the team and it would not be a surprise for both sides to get on the score sheet here.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Arsenal were convincing winners in this fixture last season when they ran out 3-0 winners – but the honours have largely been shared since Watford came back up to the Premier League in 2015.
- Watford’s 1-1 draw against Fulham last time out was the first time the Hornets had not scored at least two goals in a match this season.
- Arsenal have scored at least two goals in every match this season apart from in the 2-0 defeat at home to Manchester City on the opening day of the campaign.
- Watford have not finished higher than 13th since they returned to the Premier League three years ago – but they currently sit in a Champions League spot, one point above Arsenal.
- Nine different players have scored for Arsenal in all competitions this season with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang leading the way at the moment with four goals.