Arsenal vs Vorskla: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Thursday, September 20th, 2018, 02:00 AM
Arsenal Stadium London
Arsenal 4 – 2 Vorskla
Arsenal begin their Europa League campaign at home to Ukrainian side Vorskla, hoping to go all the way after crashing out at the semi final stage last year.
Only Chelsea are more fancied than Arsenal to win the Europa League this season and there are few that see Group E being too much trouble for the north London side. A win against the side who finished third in the Ukrainian league last season will set themselves up nicely for the sterner tests of Qarabag and Sporting Lisbon.
Vorskla have had a mixed start to their season and have lost to all the bigger names in Ukrainian football in the first couple of months of the campaign. They go into this Europa League group as the rank outsiders and cannot realistically be hoping for too much out of a visit to the Emirates.
Arsenal had a terrible start to the season – losing to Manchester City and Chelsea in their first two matches. Although that is a very tough start to the campaign it was the performances that would have concerned new boss Unai Emery more. Form has picked up since then however and a solid start to their Europa League season will boost confidence no end.
Last season’s third place finish in the Ukraine league was Vorskla’s best performance for over 20 years but that form seems to have deserted them somewhat this year. Scoring goals seems to be a particular problem and it looks like they will be in for a torrid time against Arsenal. The Gunners could win this one 4-0.
- Total goals over 3.5 at 1.90 Bet Now
Arsenal will surely kick off their Europa League campaign in style against the Ukrainian minnows and even with some of their top players possibly left out they should be able to rack up a healthy goal tally.
- Arsenal to win to nil at 1.10 Bet Now
Vorskla have not been able to find the net on a regular basis domestically so far and it is hard to see that form changing at the Emirates. Arsenal’s defence have been criticised this season but they should not have much problem keeping the Ukrainian side at bay.
1 x 2 Odds
- Arsenal may be fairly unfamiliar with the Europa League but head coach Unai Emery certainly has some pedigree in the competition. He saw his Sevilla side lift the trophy in three consecutive seasons before taking the Paris Saint-Germain job.
- This is only the second time Vorskla have come this far in European competition after making the group stage back in the 2011/12 season. They failed to win a single game then, only picking up points at home to FC Copenhagen and away at Standard Liege.
- Arsenal ended a miserable run of seven consecutive seasons of getting knocked out of the Champions League in the round of 16 by making it to the semi final of the Europa League last year.