Arsenal vs Tottenham: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Thursday, December 20th, 1:15 Am
Arsenal 0 – 2 Tottenham
Tottenham will be out for revenge over Arsenal after their recent Premier League humiliation whereas Gunners boss Unai Emery would love a piece of silverware in his first season.
North London appears to be a happy place this season with both Arsenal and Tottenham content with their 2018-19 progress.
However, Spurs were not happy when Arsenal came from behind to thump the Lilywhites 4-2 in the Premier League at the beginning of the month and revenge will be the only Christmas present Tottenham fans want this festive period.
The football has often been strong between these two and there is little reason to suggest that will change with top betting sites making this an even contest.
Both managers will be eager to win silverware, but one wonders whether Tottenham may prefer to turn their attention to a grander prize with Emery quite content with the EFL Cup in season one.
However, neither side has a rich history in the competition which is further proof of the lack of importance both sides view the competition, but pride may count for more in this contest.
Arsenal have drawn three of their last five home games in all competitions and that is the likeliest of scenario’s in this one with another high intensity affair with a 2-2 score line.
After that, back the Lilywhites to hold their nerve in the penalty shootout just like they did against Watford earlier in the season.
- Over 3.5 goals 2.50 – BET NOW
Goals is a sure thing between the pair considering six goals were scored in their December encounter and Tottenham are yet to be involved in a League Cup tie this season that has seen under four goals.
- Both teams to score in the second half 2.62 – BET NOW
Three of Arsenal’s five EFL Cup goals this season have come in the second half while four of Tottenham’s five have also come in the second 45 minutes.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
The pair met as recently as the beginning of December with Arsenal winning 4-2 at the Emirates.
However, that was in the Premier League. The last time the two sides met in the EFL Cup was in September 2015 when a Mathieu Flamini brace gave the Gunners a 2-1 win at White Hart Lane.
Arsenal also beat Tottenham 4-1 in extra time during the third round in 2010, again at White Hart Lane.
- In the two sides combine four EFL Cup games this season, a total of three red cards has been shown.
- Tottenham have won the competition four times with the most recent success coming in 2008.
- Arsenal have won the EFL Cup twice but not since 1993 when they beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 in the final.
- The pair first met in the League Cup in 1968, with Arsenal claiming a 1-0 win at Highbury.
- This will be Arsenal’s first Premier League opposition in this seasons tournament having beaten Brentford and Blackpool so far.