Afghanistan vs Ireland Prediction – Only Test Match
Afghanistan won by 7 wickets
- Date: 15th March – 19th March 2019
- Time: 10:00 AM IST
- Venue: Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, Dehradun
Afghanistan – 1.41 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.141 if Afghanistan wins) BET NOW
Draw – 8.25 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.825 if the match ends in a draw) BET NOW
Ireland – 3.60 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.360 if Ireland wins) BET NOW
Betting Tips for Afghanistan vs Ireland, Only Test match
- Caught has odds of 1.48 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.148) in the 1st Wicket Method market. While Bowled and LBW selections have odds of 4.95 and 4.65 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.465) in the same market. BET NOW
- The odds for a hundred score in the match are set at 1.18 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.118). BET NOW
- The odds for both Over and Under 24.5 selections are set at 1.86 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.186) in the Fall of 1st Wicket market. BET NOW
- Rashid Khan leads the race to be the man of the match with odds of 4.95 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.495). While William Porterfield has odds of 12.25 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.1225) in the same market BET NOW
Afghanistan lost the 5th ODI to Ireland as the series tied 2-2. Their batting performances saw a sharp decline in the recent ODIs and only the skipper and lower order batsmen like Mohammad Nabi and Rashid Khan contributed to the total.
Afghanistan have played 1 Test so far, which was against India last year at Bangalore. Afghanistan were outplayed by India back then. Their Test squad for this match includes Mohammad Shahzadm Ishanullah Janat, Javed Ahmadi, Rahmat Shah, pretty much the same as the ODI squad. Sayed Shirzad and Zahir Khan are th new additions to this squad.
While Afghanistan has some good batting in the middle, with Hashmatullah Shahidi, Asghar Afghan, Rahmat Shah, not much was seen in last 3 ODIs from their top batsman as they were out cheaply. However, playing a Test requires a different outlook, and the Afghanistan side might just find their batting form with this test.
Ireland also has just 1 Test to their name, however, their performance in their 1st Test which was against Pakistan, was much better. Irish bowlers picked 14 wickets in that match, while in the 2nd innings, Ireland had scored 339 with a hundred from Kevin O’Brien.
Paul Stirling has looked good on this tour and has played good cricket in both T20Is and ODIs. Stirling and Andrew Balbirnie both scored half centuries in the last ODI batting at number 2 and 3, giving Ireland a good start in their chase of 217 runs. Balbirnie has been consistent in the ODI series, and can be expected to deliver in this Test as well.
Irish bowling has improved in last few matches, as they dismissed Afghanistan top order quickly and have been doing it consistently. However, their performances in the test cannot be predicted from the recent ODI performances.
Our Prediction for Afghanistan vs Ireland, 3rd ODI
Afghanistan are favourites to win this Test
While Ireland has improved on their batting, Afghanistan’s batting can make a comeback and given the format of the game, a comeback can be made by their batting and their strong bowling attack at any time. It will be crucial to watch out for the live betting odds offered on cricket betting sites during the match, to time your bets for great profits.