Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder Prediction – Big Bash 14th Match
Betting Tips for Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder, 13th Match
- Alex Carey, Colin Ingram and Jake Weatherald share odds of 4.00 (wager INR 100 and grab INR 400) to be best batsman for Adelaide Strikers while Jos Butler leads for Thunder with 2.62 (wager INR 100 and grab INR 262) odds BET NOW
- Rashid Khan has odds of 3.25 (win INR 325 by wagering INR 100) to be best performer with the ball for Strikers while Daniel Sams leads for Thunder with 3.60 (win INR 360 by wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- For Man of the Match leading with odds of 6.00 (win INR 600 by wagering INR 100) is Rashid Khan and he is followed by Jos Butler who has odds of 8.00 (win INR 800 by wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- For most sixes in the match Adelaide Strikers have odds of 2.05 (win INR 205 by wagering INR 100) while Sydney Thunder have odds of 2.10 (win INR 210 by wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- The odds for the highest opening partnership are being shared for the two sides at 1.90 (win INR 190 by wagering INR 100) BET NOW
Big Bash 14th Match Squad Comparison
Adelaide Strikers haven’t been able to live up to the tag of defending champions so far in 2018-19 season of Big Bash League. After winning the opening game against Brisbane Heat Colin Ingram’s team have suffered two consecutive losses against Melbourne Renegades and Perth Scorchers. This puts the side under lot of points table pressure as a loss in their next game can push them down in the table and make it difficult for the side to win. With the batting unit showing some trouble in the previous game Ingram would hope his team makes good use of the crowd support in Adelaide and wins the next game.
Jake Weatherald along with Alex Carey did well in the last game as well where the rest of the batsmen failed miserably. But they are a good side in the middle with players like Ingram, Jonathon Wells, Mathew Short and Jake Lehmann. With a strong lower order that has Cameron Valente and Rashid Khan they would trust their batting to do well. The bowling attack for the side is extremely strong with Michael Neser and Billy Stanlake sharing the new ball. Having Rashid Khan in the side makes this attack threatening. Valente and Ben Laughlin will need to bowl well for the side to create pressure on the opposition.
The start for the season was great for Shane Watson’s team until they hit the brakes and lost the last game to Hobart Hurricanes. They had started well defeating Melbourne Stars and then followed it up with a win against the Sixers in the derby. They had done exceedingly well in the last game against the Hurricanes and put up a huge score on the board only to lose it due to poor bowling. As the side takes on Strikers in the next game the Watson would hope his batsmen fire like they have been doing and the bowlers are able to bowl a tighter line and restrict the opponents.
Shane Watson and Jos Buttler are perhaps the most destructive opening pair in the league and they have proved this well so far in the season. Callum Ferguson at No. 3 and Joe Root at No. 4 is as good as it gets for the side. With Jason Sangha, Chris Green and Daniel Sams lower down the order they have the right kind of firepower to take the opposition bowling attack apart. It is the bowlers who need to come up with better performance in the next game. Jonathan Cook and Chris Green bowled well in the last game and they need to maintain the same momentum. Sam Rainbird and Fawad Ahmed need to support them well to win the game.
Our Prediction for Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder
Adelaide Strikers are the favourites to win this match
For Adelaide Strikers it is a crucial phase in the tournament. As they take on Sydney Thunder at Adelaide Oval they can’t afford to lose. They have lost two and won a single game so far and one more loss would create additional pressure on them. Sydney Thunder on the other hand has won a game and lost one so far and seems to be in good form. Both the sides are packed with quality performers and this creates the perfect recipe for a well-contested game of T20 cricket.
Adelaide Strikers are playing at home and desperate for a win. Given their team strength they would start as favorites in the next game.