Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars Prediction – Big Bash 27th Match
Adelaide Strikers won by 41 runs
- Date: January 11, 2019
- Time: 1:30 PM IST
- Venue: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
Betting Tips for Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars, 27th Match
- Colin Ingram and Jake Weatherald have odds of 3.50 (get INR 350 betting INR 100) to be Adelaide Strikers best batsman and for Melbourne Stars Ben Dunk leads with 3.75 (get INR 375 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Rashid Khan has odds of 2.50 (get INR 250 betting INR 100) to be best bowler for the Strikers while Dwayne Bravo leads for Melbourne Stars with 3.25 (get INR 325 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- With 6.50 (bet INR 100 and make INR 650) odds Rashid Khan is expected to be Man of the Match and is tailed by Dwayne Bravo who has 8.00 (bet INR 100 and make INR 800) odds BET NOW
- Adelaide Strikers have odds of 1.72 (make INR 172 by betting INR 100) for highest opening partnership and that of Melbourne Stars is 2.10 (make INR 210 by betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Adelaide Strikers have odds of 1.72 (win INR 172 betting INR 100) for most sixes in the game and the odds in the same marker for Melbourne Stars is 2.50 (win INR 250 betting INR 100) BET NOW
Big Bash 27th Match Squad Comparison
At the start of the tournament they were expected to be one of the better performing teams of the league but things haven’t gone their way with three wins in six games. They have been going from a win to a loss not being able to hold on to their form and momentum. They lost to Sydney Sixers in their previous game with their top order failing to put up runs. But as their regular skipper Travis Head gets ready to take command of the ship the side would expect some reversal of fortune. Head would expect his team to overcome the challenge from Melbourne Stars as the tournament enters a very important phase.
Wicketkeeper Alex Carey has been in good form throughout the season and Jake Weatherald too has looked in good touch. With Colin Ingram and Travis Head in the middle the team would be strengthened in their batting. Jonathan Wells has also been doing well and played a great knock in the last game. They have the batting to win games but at times batting collapses have let them down. The bowling attack is pretty good for the side Michael Neser and Rashid Khan have looked in good form but Peter Siddle’s absence makes the attack look a bit weaker. Liam O Connor would need to support the frontline bowlers in the upcoming game in absence of Billy Stanlake who is with the national team.
Take Glenn Maxwell out of the side and the Melbourne Stars suddenly look a lesser team. This is exactly what happened in the last game against Perth Scorchers as the new skipper Nic Maddinson wasn’t able to fit into the boots of Maxwell. The side managed to put up a small score and failed to defend it. The defeat that came against the weakest side of the season would hurt the team as it came after three back-to-back wins for the side. Maddinson who would be missing other key players would need to get the best out of his resources to win the next game.
Evan Gulbis who replaced Marcus Stonis as the openers played well along with Ben Dunk who played well for the second consecutive game. But the rest of the batsmen failed to impress in the last including skipper Maddinson himself and Seb Gotch. With Maxwell serving national duty Dwayne Bravo will need to take more responsibility while batting along with Jonathan Merlo down the order. The bowling attack too looks weak without Adam Zampa and Stoinis who are with the national side. Liam Plunkett and Scott Boland together with Bravo will need to take additional responsibility to trouble the opponents.
Our Prediction for Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars
Adelaide Strikers shall win the game
In what would be one of the most important games of Big Bash 2018-19 for Melbourne Stars the side is missing its key players who have been included in the national team. As they play Adelaide Strikers in latter’s home turf Adelaide Oval they are seriously disadvantaged. Adelaide Strikers on the other had have also showed indifferent form all through the season and not been able to maintain their winning momentum. It would be an interesting contest in the next game as both the teams look to win points and rise up on the table.
Going into the next game Melbourne Stars are without their stars and this will put Adelaide Strikers into an advantageous position.