AC Milan vs Dudelange: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Thursday, November 29th, 2018, 11:25 pm
Stadio San Siro Milan
AC Milan 5 – 2 Dudelange
With just two games left and three teams fighting for two qualification spots, AC Milan can’t afford anymore slip ups in group F.
It’s easy to forget that on the first match day of this season’s Europa League, AC Milan only edged past F91 Dudelange thanks to a singular Gonzalo Higuain.
So you could be forgiven for thinking that maybe everyone had written off the Luxembourg side too soon. However, as we head into match day five, they’re yet to pick up so much as a point.
Gennaro Gattuso’s side have had their ups and downs in Group F. Spirits were high after a 3-1 win against Olympiacos on match day two but the 2-1 loss against Real Betis dampened spirits somewhat and a 1-1 draw in Spain means that their hopes of topping the group are out of their hands.
Whilst Real Betis themselves are no chumps, there’s still a nagging feeling that we haven’t seen the best of the Rossoneri in Europe this season. This game against Dudelange is a fantastic chance for Milan to flex their attacking muscles and build some confidence after only scoring six goals in four games in the group.
By some contrast, the visitors are one of the worst defensive sides in the competition with 11 goals conceded thus far.
Due to home advantage and the sheer difference in quality of players and manager, it’s impossible to look past the home side for this one, 3-0 Milan.
- AC Milan to win and over 2.5 goals 2.87 – BET NOW
The bottom feeders of the group are most likely to continue their dismal run. They’ve lost all their games and conceded at least two goals in their last three Europa League matches.
- AC Milan to win to nil 1.44 – BET NOW
These are pretty fantastic odds for a team who have lost every game and only scored one goal in Europe this season.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Considering Dudelange have lived a sheltered life in Europe competition terms, it’s not at all surprising these two sides hadn’t faced off prior to this season’s Europa League.
Their first and only meeting dates back to the reverse fixture, where Milan won 1-0 thanks to a Gonzalo Higuain goal.
- In home Europa League games this season, AC Milan midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu has the joint second most assists with two.
- F91 Dudelange are one of three sides in the Europa League group stages not to pick up any points as of yet, along with Akhisarspor and Rosenborg.
- Gattuso’s side are the sixth most fouled team in Europe’s second tier, being fouled 15.3 times per game.
- The visitors have conceded the second most goals in the competition with 11 in four games.
AC Milan 5 – 2 Dudelange