World Cup 2018 Winner Betting odds
The World Cup 2018 Winner is France
When it comes to world cup betting, the world cup winner is one of the most popular outright markets. On this page of our site that’s exactly what we are looking at and we have all the information you’ll need to make your selections including odds, bookies favourites, predictions, probabilities, and much more.
2018 World Cup Winner Odds
Our table below shows the teams that are tipped to be crowned the winner and the prices that are currently available from all the top sportsbooks.
|World Cup Finals Odds||World Cup Quarter Final Odds|
|World Cup Semi Final Odds||Teams To Qualify Per Group Odds|
|World Cup Group Winner Odds||World Cup Winner odds|
Using our unique position in the football betting industry, we’re able to pool the best odds from the leading bookmakers throughout the world’s most watched sporting competition. Indeed, as more than 3.2 billion viewers tune in to see who will win, you can get the latest and greatest odds right here.
Beyond the Odds: Get the Latest World Cup Information Odds without information are no good to anybody. Because of this, we’ve made it our mission to bring you the latest news from the World Cup. From Ireland’s qualification exploits to the start of the competition itself, we’ll give you all the updates you need to stay on top of the action Indeed, it doesn’t matter if you’re joining us via your desktop or mobile, our World Cup betting hub will provide a one-stop-shop for everything to do with the competition. In fact, with our regular updates and daily odds, you shouldn’t any issues get more value from the 2018 World Cup than ever before.
How It Works
There are a number of stages before the World Cup winner is crowned and this means that there are plenty of great betting opportunities too. Below we have an overview of each stage of the competition along with the days that they will take place.
- Group Stages: The group stages kick off on Thursday 14th and continue until Thursday 28th of June. Each of the groups will play against each other to see what teams will advance to the knockout rounds of the groups and the final 16.
- Knockout Rounds: This is the second stage of the competition and will begin on Saturday 30th June with the round of 16 and end on the 15th of July with the final match being held at Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow.
- Round of 16: This begins on the 30th June with the leader of Group A taking on the second position from Group B and 1C taking on 2D. There are two games played daily until the 3rd July when all the first and second position group teams will have played and the final eight teams remain.
- Quarter Finals: The quarter finals kick off on the 6th of July with the remaining eight teams battling it out for a place in the semi-finals.
- Semi Finals: The semi-finals will be played on Tuesday 10th of July and Wednesday 11th July as four teams become two. There will also be a play-off for third place on Saturday 14th of July.
- Finals: The final two teams will take to the pitch on Sunday 15th July and the winner will be crowned the World Cup winner 2018.
There are some teams that may surprise everyone though and many tipsters and bookmakers will be keeping a close eye on England, who all have some great players on their teams.
Quick Guide to Betting
If you are planning to bet on the World Cup winner there are some things that you will need to take into consideration. Remember that any odds you see right now are not the final odds and these are going to change right up until the moment of the final. Of course, if you want to get the best price and win the most, placing your bets now is well worth it. To place your wagers, we recommend you check out our recommended betting sites and look at the world cup promotions that they have running. Look at the outright winning markets and select the amount you want to wager. Remember to stay up to date as soon as the group stages start and keep an eye out for any injuries, surprise wins, and more. All of this information will help you when making your betting selections.
Other Possible Bets
There are hundreds of betting markets available for the world cup and below we have some of the most popular markets.
- Quarters: Place your money on the teams you think will make the quarter finals.
- Semi-finals: Bet on the teams you think will progress to the semi-finals.
- Finals: Can you predict which two teams will face off against each other in the finals. Get one team right to win.
- Group Winner: Plenty of bets here as you place your money on who you think will be the number one team in each of the eight groups.
- Top goalscorer: The Golden Boot is one of the biggest betting markets after the outright winner and there are some big names up for this trophy. Names like Neymar, Ronaldo, and Messi are the firm favourites.
Interesting Facts About Previous Winners
Did you know that only eight countries have ever won the world cup? Brazil have won five times, Germany four times, Italy four times, Argentina twice, Uruguay twice, France once, England once, and Spain once.
The last time a country retained their title was in 1962 when Brazil won for a second time in a row. Prior to this the only other country to have won two titles in a row was Italy when they won in 1934 and retained the title in 1938.
Brazil have finished in the top 2 seven times, in the top 3 nine times, and in the top 4, eleven times. Germany have made it to the top 2 eight times and have been in the top 3 twelve times and the top 2 thirteen times.
Brazil have played in 20 World Cups and have won the trophy five times. Germany have played in 18 World Cups and have won the title four times. Italy have also played in 18 World Cups and won the trophy four times. Italy haven’t made it to World Cup 2018.