Top 5 Winning Country Predictions for the World Cup 2018
Welcome to the BettingTop 10 World Cup 2018 winning country predictions. On this page of our site you will find the latest odds and predictions from top betting sites for the five countries that could make it to the finals and win the World Cup in Russia this summer. Below you’ll find information on each of the five countries as well as three reasons why these teams could be crowned champions.
France are one of the favorites at 11/2. They are a strong team with lots of quality players which puts Deschamps’ squad in a good position. They also did very well in the qualifiers. France lost to Germany in the quarter finals of the 2014 World Cup.
3 Reasons France Could Win
- They won seven of their ten matches in the qualifiers.
- They have an excellent coach in Didier Deschamps
- They have Paul Pogba in midfield and Antoine Griezmann as striker who is also in the running for top goal scorer in the championship.
- They will play with Argentina for a spot in the quarter finals
Brazil are tipped at 5/1 and they’ve had an excellent run of things since manager Tite took over in 2016. They won most of their games in the CONMEBOL qualifiers. They are definitely a team to watch and will be desperate to fight back after losing in the 2014 World Cup.
3 Reasons Brazil Could Win
- Their team includes Gabriel Jesus, Neymar, Philippe Coutinho, and Willian.
- They lost just one of their eighteen qualification matches and finished top of their group with a 10-point lead over second place Colombia.
- Their team includes superstar striker Neymar who is tipped to be the in the running for the Golden Boot.
Spain under the management of Spain’s manager are another team that are in the running to take the trophy. They are difficult to score against all eyes will be on this team who haven’t won a major international title in six years. Bookmakers have them at 7/1 to be the winning country.
3 Reasons Spain Could Win
- They dominated international football until the 2014 World Cup where they were eliminated in the group stage. They have been impressive in the World Cup qualifiers and won nine out of their ten games easily.
- Head coach Spain’s manager, appointed in July 2016 has won all thirteen matches since being in charge.
- David Silva is a key player and one to watch out for and Spain scored 36 goals during the qualifiers.
- They will play against Russia for a spot in the quarter finals.
Argentina are placed at 8/1 and could be one of the deadliest teams in the competition this summer. They reached the final of the 2014 World Cup where they lost to Germany.
3 Reasons Argentina Could Win
- They have Lionel Messi so it goes without saying that he will be a player to watch and score goals.
- Chile boss Jorge Sampaoli is in charge and his experience along with the quality players in his squad could see Argentina win the World Cup for the first time since 1986.
- They are drawn in Group D alongside Iceland, Croatia, and Nigeria so they have an excellent chance of topping this group.