Tennis Betting in Ireland
Tennis betting is very popular in Ireland and here at BettingTop10 we have all the information you need to place bets with ease. All the top bookmakers are represented in the busy sports betting market in Ireland, offering all manner of cool mobile phone apps, bonus deals and free bets and more.
At BettingTop10 we list the best sites, deals, tips, free bets and other offers together in one place. We also provide tennis betting strategies to make your experience as successful as possible, whether you are a professional punter or just enjoy the occasional flutter, having this wealth of information on one portal means it’s easy to place your bet of the day on all the live tennis tournaments. Whether it’s the Grand Slams in Australia, France, the US or Wimbledon our betting tips will help you succeed.
Up To €200
£20 Free Bet
€30 Welcome Offer
Bet £10 & Get £40
Bet €10 Get €30 Free
18+. New Customers Only.T&Cs Apply
Up To €100 In Free Bets
18+. New Customers Only. T&Cs Apply
Bet £10 Get £30 Free
Join Bet365 Today
€20 Risk Free
18+. New Customers Only.T&Cs Apply
Up To €30 Free Bet
Tennis Betting Odds
Tennis Betting odds for Ireland are displayed in either fractional or decimal formats. Betting odds allow you to calculate how much money you will win if your bet is successful. At all online sportsbooks odds can be displayed in fractions, e.g. 4/1, or in decimals, as 5.00. Fractional odds allow you to calculate how much money you will win on your bet compared to your stake, or bet. For example, if you place a bet on a tennis match at fractional odds of 2/1, you will win €2 for every €1 you bet. You also get your stake back if you win. These 2/1 odds would be represented in decimals as 3.00, as in if you bet €1 and win, you will receive €2, plus your original stake (2 + 1 = 3.00). Multiply your stake by the decimal number displayed and that is how much you will get if you win.
Tennis Betting Options For Irish Bettors
There are lots of different types of bets that you can place when betting on tennis matches. These include:
- Outright match winner – this is where you bet on the winner of the game.
- Total number of sets – this is where you bet on predicting the total number of sets it will take for the winner.
- Individual Set Score – predict the scores for each set.
- Tie-break – you wager on whether the match will end in a tie break.
- Total Set Games, Set Scores, Total Games in the match.
- Over/Under Bets – you can bet on the total number of sets at a Grand Slam match to be under or over 3.5. To win the match will end with three sets played for an under wager, or four sets for an over wager. • Each Way – this is two bets in one. You bet on a player to win a tournament and another bet for them to place which means they are a finalist.
- Other popular tennis betting options include first point winner, exact game score, game to deuce, game total points, total aces, first ace, first to three games, first break, double faults, fastest serve, and total tie breaks. In-play betting is often available at online bookmakers (particularly on live major events) and Irish punters can bet on specific aspects of a match having seen how it is unfolding. The odds change as the match progresses and this is a great way to win big.
Tennis Betting Tips
Tennis is an exciting betting market and whether you’re following a tournament on the other side of the world or across the water at Wimbledon, betting on the back of a reasonable amount of research will take you a long way. Let BettingTop10 be your guide. The key factors in tennis are recent form and surface history. Know the players and the court types they favor as this will give you a good indication as to who to place your money on. Making money betting on tennis matches comes down to three main elements:
- Find Value Bets: This means looking for a situation where you believe the outcome is more likely than what the odds on offer suggest.
- Sticking within an affordable budget: Don’t over spend and don’t chase your losses.
- Stick with what you know: It might also be wise to focus on what you know best and specialise. Many successful tennis bettors focus on one area, whether it’s men’s tennis or women’s tennis, the Challenger circuit or Grand Slams.
- Use bet types and markets you know: Focus on tennis bet types and markets you are more familiar with. Some bettors focus only on handicaps while others develop strategies for identifying value in both set and game totals.
- Read Professional tips: Tipsters that consistently get their winners right are worth checking out before you bet.
How to Bet on Tennis Online
The first thing is to sign up with a good sportsbook. Check out the BettingTop10 reviews, choose your site(s) and follow these steps:
Step 1: Sign up.
Step 2: Lodge money into your betting account.
Step 3: Choose the tennis match you wish to bet on.
Step 4: Choose your bet amount.
Step 5: Select the type of bet whether it is the outright winner, the score at the end of a game or set, the number of points or aces scored etc.
Step 6: Check the final score after the match, and you may withdraw your winnings straight to your bank account if your bet proves successful.
Tennis Major Events & Tournaments
There are a large number of annual tennis events for players in Ireland to bet on and we have these listed below.
- Australian Open: Melbourne, January.
- French Open: Rolland-Garros (Paris) May-June.
- Wimbledon: July, London.
- American Open: Flushing Meadows (New York), August-September.
- ATP Tour events: The bigger tournaments include the ATP World Tour Finals, The India Wells Masters, the Miami Open, Monte Carlo Masters, the Madrid, Canadian and Italian Opens, The Shanghai and Paris Masters, Queen’s Club Championships, Japan Open and the Swiss Indoors.
- WTA Tour events: including the Premier WTA Tour Championships, Pacific Open, Medibank International, Kremlin Cup, Memphis International, Tokyo International, and the Barcelona, Bucharest, China, Malaysian, Shenzhen and Tashkent Opens.
- ATP Challenger Tour events.
- ITF Futures Tour.There are matches to bet on nearly every day of the year so there is always a tennis game to watch and our list of top online sportsbooks feature great odds and bonuses to get you started.
Tennis Betting Winning Strategy
Below you will find our tennis betting strategy that will help you win more when you place bets.
Favourable betting odds can be found by backing the winner of a designated set. Is a player a notoriously slow starter? Back their opponent to take the first set. Does a player tense up when going ahead? If so, back their opponent for the second set. Check how a player normally performs on a particular surface, be it clay, hardcourt or grass.
Set-scores and total games played are also worth chasing up. If you think two big servers may grind out three sets with few breaks, look for a total that suggests a 6-4, 6-7, 7-6 score.
You can look through a day’s play at a Slam and go for an accumulator. You can play safe and look for a small return from backing the big names to breeze through the early rounds, or you can look to pinpoint possible upsets and put two or three matches on one betting slip.
The later rounds in tournaments are where you start looking at the stats. If one of the players has been making a lot of errors in the tournament, they will start to be punished by the bigger players.
The top players are much more vulnerable over best-of-three set matches than best-of-five.
Does a player look like he has the talent to test one of the top players, but can’t keep it going for five sets? Back them to win a set, but ultimately to lose.
Is also worth checking out the tournament draw itself as aside from the Grand Slams, bookmakers wait until the draw has been released to price up a tournament. Often, especially in some of the smaller tournaments, one half of the draw is significantly stronger. This could mean a lower ranked player is worth an each-way bet.
One of the best things about tennis betting is the amount of stats available. The ATP and WTA websites offer you all the latest stats and results. Check these out and you should be able to judge the value of backing a particular player, or players.
Tennis is one of the few sports where there is always a winner and a loser. This makes tennis a great sport for betting, because typically the highest ranked player wins the match. Particularly in the first few rounds of the big tournaments, there are clear mismatches, with odds as low as 1/100 offered on the favourite.