Stoke City vs Leeds United: Predictions, Betting Tips and Odds
No doubt there will be increased security around Stoke’s training crowd this week as table topping Leeds come to the Bet365 looking for any advantage to build on their lead at the summit.
Leeds United were once again making all the headlines for the wrong reasons after being caught spying on opponents Derby County.
For Stoke, it was a case of same old story as new manager Nathan Jones failed to get his reign off to a winning start over Brentford but more time with his new squad can only be a good thing.
This is a unique contest as much of the action will be centred around the build-up and what happens off the pitch which is a shame as the match has the makings of a great game.
An excellent 3-1 home win for the Whites kick-started Leeds’s season and recent history suggests there could be another dose of goals.
The last three meetings between the two has seen four goals per game and with Leeds firing again after successive losses, expect another Leeds win in a narrow but entertaining 2-1.
- Over 2.5 goals
The last three matches between the two has seen four goals per game making this one of the best bet with online betting sites to jump on.
- Stoke to score first
Although Leeds are top, they like to make life difficult for themselves and have gone behind in three of their last four games in all competitions.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
It is hard to believe that these two former Premier League stalwarts never actually met in the competition.
However, that is how it is, and Leeds come into this game having already claimed the Stoke scalp once this season in that August 3-1 win.
Prior to that game, the sides had not played each other since the 2006-07 season in which the Potters did the double over the Whites as Leeds were relegated to League One.
Overall, Stoke City has beaten Leeds 28 times with the Yorkshire outfit claiming 45 wins and a total of 18 draws.
- Only Ipswich, Bolton and Middlesbrough have scored fewer home goals than Stoke’s 15 this season.
- This match will only be Nathan Jones’ second game in charge of the Potters having lost his opening game to Brentford.
- Despite having a combined 22 seasons in the Premier League, the pair never played against one another in the competition.
- The first ever meeting between the two came in a 1920 League Division Two match with Stoke won 4-0.
- This will be only the eighth meeting between the two this millennium with Stoke winning two, Leeds three and two draws prior to this contest.