Spurs vs Chelsea: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
An epic London derby is set to take place at Wembley as unbeaten Chelsea make the short trip across town to face a Tottenham Hotspur side just one point behind their rivals.
Expect the unexpected when these two giants from England’s capital collide.
Both sides have enjoyed fine starts to the season which sees both currently occupy a coveted top four spot.
However, those below will spy an opportunity because dropped points are assured but by whom? Or could it be both?
Chelsea come into the game one of three sides still unbeaten in the league after 12 games, but four draws is the highest number of any side in the top eight so far, Tottenham may have lost three times but have won nine putting them just a point behind the Blues in the league.
The pair are remarkably well matched of late in the head to heads with Chelsea having won three of the last seven, Tottenham two and two draws.
With so much on the line and Chelsea’s penchant for a draw this season, that is once again the most likely outcome at a Wembley stadium in which Spurs have only won 50% of their games this season with an entertaining 1-1 the prediction.
- The draw and both teams to score
This is without doubt the best value bet for the match result.
Five of the last six meetings between the two in all competitions has seen both teams score with the draw a result likely to leave both sets of managers happy.
- Chelsea to score first
The Blues have been impressive on the road this season and boast the best away goal difference of anyone whilst with just five goals in four home games, it is safe to say Tottenham can be a little slow out of the Wembley blocks.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Two clubs with a plethora of history it was always going to be a close affair in the head to heads.
It was three-points apiece last season but in reverse as each side won away from home.
Chelsea beat Tottenham 2-1 at Wembley whilst Spurs gained revenge with a 3-1 win in April at Stamford Bridge to set them up for a top four finish.
Overall Tottenham has won 52 times with Chelsea edging it with 68 wins and 40 draws.
- The pair first met in 1909 during a league division one game in which Chelsea won 2-1.
- Chelsea has conceded just once on the road this season in five games.
- Chelsea’s Jorginho has made more passes than any other player in the Premier League this season with 1186.
- Only Bournemouth have been caught offside less than Tottenham this season (16 for the Cherries 18 for Spurs).
- Chelsea are one of three sides still unbeaten in the Premier League this season (Liverpool and Manchester City the other two).